swimming and throwing up?

Options
Hi, Today I went swimming with my flippers on about 3 hours after eating dinner. I had drank 3 liters of water before swimming. I didn't do this on purpose. I threw up about an hour after start to swim. I got out immediately. I have been drinking water ever since. I was not sore or tired when I started. The whole time I swam i was sucking in my stomach. I am not sick or ill. Does anyone know why this happened? Please and thank you for posting.

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    3 liters of water right before you got in the water or over the course of the whole day?

Did you swallow any pool water?

I swim a lot and have never experienced such a thing...
  • tenkides
    tenkides Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Before i got in the water. I have drank 7.5 liters of water today. Maybe i don't think so.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Wait, why were you sucking in your stomach the whole time?
  • tenkides
    Options
    To keep my stomach muscle contracted
  • RinnyBlush
    RinnyBlush Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Why are you drinking so much water?
  • m13a
    m13a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That seems to me like a lot of water. Why so much?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    How did you accidentally drink 3L of water?

No, nobody knows why you threw up.

If you drank 3L of water very quickly, that might be the reason. Your body might've been saying, "Don't need this, thanks anyway, you can have this back!"

But there is no way for anyone to diagnose you online.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Not eating ( well netting negative and very low like only 200 which is normal for you it seems) and drinking so much water can result in throwing up indeed.

You better eat some more food and drink less water. Or not burn so much calories.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    btw this is the reason i dont train/swim on a empty stomach...because i throw up too. I have to eat normally and afterwards i am very hungry so i eat too.
  • tenkides
    Options
    I drink that much because I am trying to drink less soda so I'm substitute. Not the water before. I was meaning the pool water.
  • BWBTrish
    edited July 2015
    Options
    well i gave you the reason ( which i think it is) EAT!!!
    And dont net a couple hundred negative. You train 1100 to 1300 calories and you only eat for between 900 to 1100.

Like i said you throw up because you have no food in you at all!
  • Kalikel
    Options
    tenkides wrote: »
    I drink that much because I am trying to drink less soda so I'm substitute. Not the water before. I was meaning the pool water.
    What are you talking about?

The 3L that you didn't drink on purpose - was it an accidental drinking of 3L?

And what about the pool water?

Please read your posts like we do, like you are trying to understand them without any background.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    You accidentally drank 3 liters of pool water while swimming? Are you imitating a basking shark?
  • Kalikel
    Options
    You accidentally drank 3 liters of pool water while swimming? Are you imitating a basking shark?

No, he accidentally drank 3L of water BEFORE swimming.
  • tenkides
    Options
    I ate dinner only a couple hours before and I have drank that much water before and not throw up.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    tenkides wrote: »
    I ate dinner only a couple hours before and I have drank that much water before and not throw up.
    Go to the hospital. Tell them this story, they'll put you on the right unit.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    If you drank 3L or water on top of dinner and tried to exercise, that could cause a LOT of people to throw up.

That is a LOT of water. That's more than a day's worth for normal levels of exercise:
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256

I don't know where the water intoxication line is, but 7 liters sounds in the really-not-good-high range.

That alone could cause you to vomit:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

If you're regularly drinking more than 3L a day, and you're sure that number is right, you should talk to a doctor--sooner rather than later.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I told you before that what you were doing was bad...the swimming with the flippers for an idiot long time as 3 hours
    You are not eating properly...what do you expect?

This was bound to go wrong!
    Sorry that i am so harsh
    But people this girl nets NEGATIVE she swims for hours and hours and hours and dont eat any of her calories back
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    You pumped your stomach full of 3 litres of water within a short time-frame (BAD IDEA), and then swam, which is already a core-heavy exercise, while contracting your stomach. Your stomach was getting a lot of aggravation and just weird and unnatural activity, so it freaked out.

Don't do anything like this again!
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Please seek professional help!!!