swimming and throwing up?

Options

Replies

• tenkides
    tenkides Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes im sure. I drink out of the same water bottle every day.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    tenkides wrote: »
    I drink that much because I am trying to drink less soda so I'm substitute. Not the water before. I was meaning the pool water.

Yes, please clarify what you mean here. You drank pool water? You almost drowned? What happened?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    To other posters......there have been people who have OCD-like routinely drunk huge amounts of favored drinks. A woman died of it recently: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/12/woman-dies-from-drinking-10-liters-coke-day-coroner-says/ So it's distantly possible that she's drinking that much.

OP: Are you sure that's not GLASSES of water? You're really sure it's LITERS? Because that is VERY dangerous, if it is.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Her todays total calories are 1,127

And her burned calories are 1500 of swimming

• BWBTrish
    Options
    she nets -383!!!!!!

No wonder she gets sick
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    She swom after dinner
    which was 5 tater tots, 1.5 oz chicken breast and a glass of V8

She needs professional help
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone accidentally drinks 3 liters of water.

And netting only 50 calories a day while doing 1200-1500 calories of cardio every day, I hope your goal is to get sick because that's about the only thing it's going to accomplish.
  • tenkides
    Options
    I drank water before I swam. I never drowned or anything like that. I had stopped for a minute to breathe when I threw up. I only swim for 60min or less by the way. Look at my diary if you think im not eating right. Then tell me I'm not eating right.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone accidentally drinks 3 liters of water.

And netting only 50 calories a day while doing 1200-1500 calories of cardio every day, I hope your goal is to get sick because that's about the only thing it's going to accomplish.

not even that she nets negative

She posted before what she is doing....she swims for hours ( about 3) with flippers about 1000 to 1500 calories per excercise. And only eat between 900 to 1000 calories per day.
    She drinks a lot of water.
    So yes that goes wrong.

• MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I looked at your food diary, too.

I don't know for sure what you weigh. But I'm betting you're in the lower half of the healthy range, given that MFP is telling you to eat 1200 calories by default--I can't really see how else you could get that.

If that's the case, your deficit is absolutely too high. Even if you have it set to losing half a pound a week, it's way too high. You aren't losing fat anymore. You're losing muscle, organs, brain.

Your body can only mobilize fat at a certain rate. If you don't have enough fat to mobilize (and you can only mobilize 27 calories a day or so from an entire pound of fat), your body starts attacking all your other mass to make up the difference. You can end up with brain damage!!!

Given your extreme levels of exercise, I have a feeling that you're already at the low end of healthy at the highest. This isn't good. You're killing yourself.

Stop. Get help. Please. I mean this in the kindest way possible.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    RinnyBlush wrote: »
    Why are you drinking so much water?
    This.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    She swom after dinner
    which was 5 tater tots, 1.5 oz chicken breast and a glass of V8

She needs professional help

And this.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    RinnyBlush wrote: »
    Why are you drinking so much water?
    This.

The sad part of me thinks it's to avoid eating. :(
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I drank water before I swam. I never drowned or anything like that. I had stopped for a minute to breathe when I threw up. I only swim for 60min or less by the way. Look at my diary if you think im not eating right. Then tell me I'm not eating right.

somewhere else you said 3 hours.
    But doesn't matter
    You are making yourself sick, like said before.

seek help!!!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can hit ALL the requirements for a woman with a "perfect" diet (and your macro split is generally quite good!), but if your burn is too high for your fat mass and your intake, you will hurt yourself. You can't help it. With a deficit, you're basically sending a bill to your body to pay. You want your body to pay the bill in fat. But it can only get a certain amount of fat a day to put toward that bill. The rest of the bill gets covered by the rest of the mass in your body. Stuff you don't want to lose. That will also make you sick.

Does that make sense?
  • tenkides
    Options
    I ate 3 hours before swimming. What should i set my weight loss at? I am 18,136 lbs,4ft 8. How much should I be eating then.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I ate 3 hours before swimming. What should i set my weight loss at? I am 18,136 lbs,4ft 8. How much should I be eating then.

Okay, you're 4'8", so that means that you CAN afford to lose the weight you want to lose. I'm so glad!!!!

You need to take it more slowly, though. You should run a deficit of no more than 1,000 calories right now. Though you're obese, you're also quite short. So set your ticker to give you 2lbs of loss per week and then eat more whenever you earn more through exercise.

If you aren't losing at about 2lbs per week, you can figure that you're overcounting your exercise and scale back a little.

If you are losing faster, you should eat a little more.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Are you definitely 4'8?

edit: you're 18 and growing, that's why I ask.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes, you ate and drank too much before you went swimming. If your stomach is full and you try and exercise you will have blood competing with digesting food, and pumping blood to your heart and organs to satisfy them. At some point something is going to give, and this caused you to throw the food up, so your body could handle the exercise.
  • BWBTrish
    edited July 2015
    Options
    hearthwood wrote: »
    Yes, you ate and drank too much before you went swimming. If your stomach is full and you try and exercise you will have blood competing with digesting food, and pumping blood to your heart and organs to satisfy them. At some point something is going to give, and this caused you to throw the food up, so your body could handle the exercise.

i think 5 tater tots and 1.5 oz chicken 3 hours before swimming is too much
    She drunk to much for sure

Please read her diary before responding. The OP has some serious issues and need professional help
    What she is doing is a kind of bulimia nervosa
    ( trying to train so much calories or more as you have ate)