1 kg per week

Options
Hi everybody! I am also new and I hope to have the same results as you have (most of you)!!!
I am on the second week and I lost 1 kg the first week! What do you think according you your experience? Is it ok? :ohwell:

Replies

• laceylovespink
    Options
    i'm not smart enough to know kg to pound ratio but WELCOME to the best board ever ;)
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    1 kg = 2.2lbs so that's about perfect ;) Well done on your first healthy week! :happy:
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1 kg (2.2 lbs) a week is quite all right...that was the rate at which I started.
  • salbal70
    salbal70 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome! I lost 1kg a week for the first 12 weeks... Then it slowed, but was still losing each week. I was getting a bit frustrated with that, so changed my focus to drinking more water everyday and pushing myself harder during exercise. It looks like I'm back on track again!

Good luck with your journey. Feel free to friend if you want.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and well done for a great start.
    0.5 - to 1kg a week is generally considered a safe and healthy amount of weight to lose, so you're spot on for your first week. Don't be surprised or discouraged if you don't lose weight at exactly the same rate each week, most people tend to vary from week to week.