46 Year Old Mom & Wife - Employed F/T

Options
Hello there my name is Tammy. I have a love hate relationship with my weight/looks since I can remember. Female problems PCOS diagnosed about 18 years ago. Found out 6 years ago I began going through menopause when I was 35. So yes I'm in the later stages of my "Change of Life".

I have had heart scares that turned up to be anxiety attacks but scared me into going to the doctor. My heart is great, but my glucose a little too close to the "Magic Number".

My mom has Type 2 diabetes and so does my dad but he also had high blood pressure and cholesterol. I have seen first hand what these diseases and the medicines you take for them can do to your body. He is now in kidney failure and on dialysis for the rest of his life or until he can have a transplant. We found out recently that he has a spot his kidney that may be cancerous.

Needless to say I decided it is time for me to take the blinders off and try get healthy before it's too late. I decided to join my employer's 12 week Biggest Loser competition to Kickstart my quest and I found this awesome app to help me along the way.

I am hoping to get healthy and inspire my 17 (soon to be 18 next month) son to join me on my journey.

Thanks for listening! Good luck to you all!

Replies

• Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making what may be one of the best decisions you will ever make. This site is a great help and there are amazing people here with a wealth of helpful advice to offer. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. That must be so hard to live with. I'm a type two diabetic and I got off Metformin through losing weight and getting active. Losing weight is important for so many reasons. I wish you luck on your journey.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out. MFP works great. I am now at goal weight and still log in. I am not a real fan of the biggest loser--I think it is totally unrealistic as to weight loss and fitness. After all, none of us have an additional 3 to 6 hours to work out a day--LOL.

Anyway, I wish you the best, you can do this if you're serious about it.
  • barbar3lla66
    barbar3lla66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In a similar situation to you. (A couple of years older). Add me and let's do this x