HCG DIET...ANYONE DID IT OR HEARD OF IT

Options
Im on my 2nd round of the 3 day diet today..did it two weeks ago and lost 5.5 lbs in 3 days..Lets see how it goes by Wed. morning...doctor told me to try HCG i hope there arent any critical side effects. HAS ANYONE DID THE HCG DROPS. I WAS THINKING OF TRYING IT THIS FRIDAY JUNE 4, 2011

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    oh lordy. This is a sore subject in these parts.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken it involves hormone injections. Some people swear by it, some people get really sick on it. Personally, I wouldn't try it.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I think it's crazy and dangerous. But, it's your body. You do what you want.

Did you talk about this with your doctor first?
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    lol don't take anything anyone says here personally.... I think you're going to hear a bunch from both sides on this one....
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Rather than just toss this question out here, yo should search the forums for hCG - there is a group. And no ya'll, I am not in the group, or considering this option. I merely did some reading. Not for me. The group you find will probably be more beneficial to you.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    A friend of mine did this diet, lost the 15 lbs she was trying to get rid of, and then in 2 months, it was mostly all back. And all she did was go back to a 1150 cals a day diet after the 500/day one they tell you to do.

I wouldn't waste the cash or mess with the hormones.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My friend's mother tried and and had success, but i think much of it is from calorie restrictions and eating clean and healthy. if you are looking for sustained weight loss this isn't the way to go.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    taking unnecessary hormones that you don't know what will do to your endocrine systems balance and eating a scary low amount of calories . no i am sure there are no side effects
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The HCG plan drops you down to a 500 calorie a day intake, which isn't healthy in itself, and there's no scientific proof that HCG has any beneficial effects on weight loss. Quite an interesting article on it at http://www.tomvenuto.com/asktom/HCG_diet_is_it_a_scam.shtml
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I sent you a private message. But I refuse to discuss the diet here. Red hot topic....
  • julielynnc
    julielynnc Posts: 14
    Options
    I think it's crazy, scientifically unsound, harmful to your body, and stupid.
  • maryo1940
    maryo1940 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Article in the last Prevention magazine about it.
  • YUMMYCHOCOLATE3D
    Options
    Thanks for all of your insight! I have done much research and there is definitely alot of controversy regarding HCG. Well I definitely know the 3day diet works and you can have icecream!!! which I like. Of course during the in between period of two weeks good eating habits still have to occur, you cant just go and eat bad food, but I did the 3day diet twice in one month and lost 10lbs havent gained it back.