Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Okay I need help

so I have a garmin vivofit when I sync it w/ mfp the calorie burned amount isn't near what it is when I add in excersizes on this app? Like I walked for 60 min straight burned 300 something calories, but when i synced my vivofit for the steps it only says 100 something? So my ? Is should I put in the excersize in mfp, because I was excersizing for 60 min straight, or should I just let my steps throughout the whole day be my excersizing calories?? Does this ? Make sense to anyone? I defiantly do not want to cheat and put in more calories burned then I really am?

Replies

• bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    I use a Up Move to track steps and cardio...the calories it says I have burnt on the Up app is considerably more than the calories that sync to MFP. And less than if I put the exercise straight into MFP (with no gadgets)

My Move said 350 for swimming, MFP said 300 if I just put it straight in, but through the sync that is now 260. So yes makes sense.

Personally I am leaving it that way and not worrying unless I get very tired or very hungry. Or start to vanish (HAHA!) I don't eat all my exercise anyway as am dubious about burns...
  • shannon_reese24
    shannon_reese24 Posts: 9 Member
    Yeah I'm just debating which one to use. For me MFP is giving me a lot more calories burned. So, today I'm just gonna use my step tracker and see at the end of the day. I just want something super accurate. Guess I should just go w/ my step tracker.
  • shannon_reese24
    shannon_reese24 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you for your input.
  • Mrsenglishrose06
    Mrsenglishrose06 Posts: 5 Member
    When I sync it doesn't transfer from my Garmin to MFP. CAN SOMEONE HELP?!?!?!