When There is No Nutrition Info

Options
Today I'm going out to one of my favorite local restaurants which has no nutritional information online or on this app. Just wondering what the rest of you do when you can't get any nutritional information for what you want to eat? I decided to find things close to the food on mfp and just log it. ex: I'm getting spaghetti today so I just logged regular spaghetti since the pasta there isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Most of the time, I just don' t log it, but I used to provide my best guess or find a similar entry and try to over estimate.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I will try to find a restaurant that has similar foods and log it. Like I ate breakfast with my son for lunch one day. I had a sirloin with baked potato. So, I chose like a Western Sizzlin and logged it that way.
  • Rheameg
    Rheameg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I do choose a similar item I log the highest calorie version that pops up; just to be safe.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I decided to find things close to the food on mfp and just log it. ex: I'm getting spaghetti today so I just logged regular spaghetti since the pasta there isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Yep. That's what I do. Log the closest thing I can find. Either a similar entree from another restaurant or break down the ingredients and log them separately.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I decided to find things close to the food on mfp and just log it. ex: I'm getting spaghetti today so I just logged regular spaghetti since the pasta there isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Yep. That's what I do. Log the closest thing I can find. Either a similar entree from another restaurant or break down the ingredients and log them separately.

Ditto
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

that....
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I usually guesstimate.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I guesstimate. Find something similar in the database and estimate the volume.

I don't go out to eat often enough for this to impact my progress.