Firefighter trying to get her shift mates motivated to get healthy

msffmay
msffmay Posts: 13 Member
Hey everyone I'm new to all this online fitness stuff so hopefully it'll help. I'm a firefighter who is trying to personally get better eating habits and recipes so I can get back on track and help my shiftmates and family eat better. At work the convenience of a quick meal seems to win us over when having a busy day and doesn't seem to be the healthiest. We all have good workout routines just need to get better eating habits. If any of you are in the public service field or struggle with having a busy lifestyle but has a good routine down please share. Thanks!

May

Replies

• jackjasonsmith
    jackjasonsmith Posts: 5 Member
    I'm a career firefighter and meals are the biggest obstacle in being healthy in our line of work. This app has helped me a lot. Friend me up if you want!
  • kwoolfwpfd
    kwoolfwpfd Posts: 32 Member
    I meal prep my breakfast and lunch when I'm on shift that has seemed to help me the most. But of course firefighters might be the best cooks in the work lol so dinner I struggle. But if I eat something that might now be the healthiest I try to eat smaller portions. It's tough to get the entire crew to join the fitness journey but I always try to plan ahead.
  • msffmay
    msffmay Posts: 13 Member
    kwoolfwpfd wrote: »
    I meal prep my breakfast and lunch when I'm on shift that has seemed to help me the most. But of course firefighters might be the best cooks in the work lol so dinner I struggle. But if I eat something that might now be the healthiest I try to eat smaller portions. It's tough to get the entire crew to join the fitness journey but I always try to plan ahead.

Yea it's tough, we're not too terrible. We rotate cooking and 60% of the time it's not too unhealthy. We've cut back on breads and some pasta. But I think sweets is what kicks our *kitten* lol