Kick up the back side (and buddies) needed

Options
My name is Teresa, I am 48 years old, I have a fair amount of weight to lose but at the moment my life is very stressful due to do my mother being terminally ill with cancer, I just need a bit of motivation and support. I am also following the Diet Chef plan loosely. I am a Londoner!

Replies

• taracovell907
    taracovell907 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • greatful4grace
    greatful4grace Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    so sorry about your mom. welcome and good luck, I m janet, 51. started back here again ,cuz it works. lost again this. week. My biggest change, is walking!! exceed use seems to be the biggest key for me, I was stuck for awhile now I am loosing again, just doing short walks, 10-15 minutes every couple hours or so can make a huge difference, a specially when you eat over your goal. it gives you more calories so you end up even, but don t use all those extra calories, or you may get stuck like me. I get to the Y do some water aerobics, easy on the back & fun. set some time for you. Taking care of someone 24/7 can put a lot of stress on you, stress usually means gain, I know... excessive helps alleviate the stress. good luck on your journey! You can do this, I still have 20-30 lbs to go. so I m with you!!
  • greatful4grace
    greatful4grace Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    exercise, sorry, phone has a mind of its own
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Teresa, I'm Nancy and 54. Sorry about your mom. My dad just died of cancer on June 17, leaving my mother who has some dementia living alone. It's been a struggle getting her to accept in home help! I am in the US. Send me a friend request if you like. I've been on here a few years but mostly avoid the forums and interact with the friends I have on here. There is a lot of bullying and bad advice in the forums so I mostly avoid it! Welcome to MFP!