Post your protein shake recipe here!

Options
valleemic
valleemic Posts: 103 Member
I love having a protein shake in the morning. I was never a fan of drinking my calories (because I love to eat) but besides eggs, I was really struggling to get a good amount of protein in the morning. I am now a believer of shakes when it comes to breakfast! I love the convenience of drinking it on my drive to work and the best part, they are YUMMY! What's your favourite combination? Here's mine:

1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk
1 cup frozen mixed berries

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    2 scoops of double rich chocolate protein powder and 250ml of water. Keeping it simple!
  • robyngrant739
    robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I mix fage 0% Greek yogurt and frozen strawberries in vanilla protein world shake so tasty :)
  • marinecordude
    marinecordude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My AlmondButter / Banana Breakfast Smoothie

2 scoops- chocolate protein powder
    1 whole banana
    1 handful kale
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    2 tablespoons almond butter

Is about 600 calories and delicious!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1.5 tsp instant coffee
    1 tsp unsweetened cocoa (hershey)
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    1/2 banana

Blend up, strain (my blender leaves a little bit of banana chunks) ~ serve over ice! A delicious mocha coffee protein shake :)
  • BelaErdos
    BelaErdos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Vanilla Lean Muscle Milk Protein reason is simple: you can mix it with anything. For example every Ice Cream starts with Vanillia ice cream than people add something (chocolate, lime etc).

So I give you 2 recipe, one standard after weight lift work out. I drink it before I go to work as I work out in the morning. Usually it gets me all the way up to around 3pm...

2 scoop Lean Muscle Milk Protein
    3 cup 4 berry mix frozen
    3 cup milk

You should get like quarter gallon yummi stuff. If blender about to die because of the frozen berries add some water, 1/4 cup usualy does the trick.

BUT Here is something special for you guys:

Grab a ball, put 2 scoop protein shake, and start stearing it as you add milk. Do it till it's texture gets like yogurth. Now put some diced favorite fruits into it. Put the ball into the freezer, stear it in every 10 min till your protein ice cream is done! Excelent protein bomb ice cream!
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    140g Frozen wild blueberries
    32g Extreme Milk Chocolate
    1 cup cashew milk
    1 35 cal yoplait blueberry (or any) yogurt
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract & 1 splenda (optional)
    3 ice cubes.

270 cals. creamy perfect mix of chocolate/fruit and tons of volume. Honestly tastes like a huge milkshake. I've had this every day for months

I would highly recommend this if anyone has ON Extreme milk chocolate. I personally found it to be too sweet/gross, but since I started making this blueberry shake my whole family is hooked on it. It's a weird combo but it works perfectly with the right amount.
  • shlygraham
    shlygraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate coffee protein shakes. I don't have chocolate Protein powder so I use vanilla.

8oz chocolate soy milk
    1/2 tbsp of peanut butter
    1 tsp of instant coffee
    1 scoop of vanilla whey powder.

I blend it all together and then add some ice and pulse the blender until the ice is crushed. Sometimes I add 1/2 of a banana to the mix. I haven't tried to add any other berries to the mix yet.

Alternately you can do the same with vanilla soy and try different types of nut butters
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    protein and water.
  • shlygraham
    shlygraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and water is pretty obvious.

I don't know about anyone else here but I find that any powders I have tried have a funny taste to them so I like to add other things to mask that.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    30g chocolate whey isolate
    ~50g frozen wild blueberries
    ~50g frozen strawberries
    1 scoop green superfood (using Amazing Grass currently cause its less $)
    1-2 cups spinach
    100ml almond/cashew milk

and sometimes add in:
    chia seeds
    hemp hearts
    plain greek yogurt
    almond butter

• victaaah
    victaaah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    -2 scoops whey protein
    -1/2 cup dry oats
    -1cup of low fat milk
    -1tbsp natural peanut butter
    -1 large banana
    -1cup of ice
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Makes 3 servings (200 calories per smoothie). Mango is wonderful but you can substitute frozen blueberries for another nice flavor blend.

150g frozen strawberries
    100g frozen mango chunks
    180g frozen banana chunks
    8 ounces plain greek yogurt
    6 ounces skim milk
    1 scoop vanilla Designer Whey protein powder
  • ms_true
    ms_true Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was enjoying cookies and cream protein shakes every morning until I decided to look at the ingredients more closely. Surcralose! That was a huge fail for me as I have a few health issues and am working to eliminate all processed food and build up friendly gut bacteria. Sucralose devastates good gut bacteria that keep you healthy and slim. The effect was seen 6 months later. I now have just a plain 20g/120cal protein drink with a tbsp of chia seeds. It's not so different from skimmed milk. I prefer to save fruit and dark chocolate for snacks.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    50g myprotein unflavoured whey
    200ml normal full fat milk
    20g tesco butterscotch flavour angel delight
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Here's another one I like:

1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    5 frozen strawberries