Carbs...

Options
I'm having so much trouble keeping my carbs down. they are averaging out at around 200 everyday, which is putting me in the negatives. Has anyone got any tips?

Replies

• brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Make your plate up of 1/2 low glycemic veggies, 1/4 lean protein and 1/4 whole grain carbs. Eat your veggies first, then go onto your meat and carbs. You'll finish with something satisfying but wont have room for anymore carbs
  • Knightrobs
    Knightrobs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Eat more fatty calories. Fatty foods are far more satisfying and reduce cravings. Do not be afraid of fats. Do yourself a favour and google "the myth about fats".
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I second "eat more fats"- I changed around my percentages and have been feeling more satisfied and eating less calories now that my fats are higher. Give it a shot!
  • NurdCore
    NurdCore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat more fatty calories. Fatty foods are far more satisfying and reduce cravings. Do not be afraid of fats. Do yourself a favour and google "the myth about fats".

I watched the documentary fat head on hulu last week and it talked about the fats. I tried this in my diet this week. For a post workout meal, I ordered two McDouble burgers (plain) from mickey Ds, took a bun off each burger and slapped them together for a whooping 4 patty goodness. I have to say that eating this actually effected me in a very positive way. I managed to keep the carbs lower and skyrocket the protein, but I stayed under the suggested fat and I managed to lose 3 pounds this week instead of 2 by increasing my fat and protein and lowering carbs.
  • LButterfly201
    LButterfly201 Posts: 164
    Options
    Thank you all very much for your advice...will definitely try this :)