WHY ARE YOU DOING IT???

Options
My name is Serra I'm 25yrs an I've been married for 6yrs I must say its one of the best decisions I've ever made for myself now that we're thinking of starting a family together I know my my mother had every thing bad in the book so was his dad that was due to letting themselves go I want us to be able to see our third generation God spare life that's why I'm doing it.......I've started my weight loss journey in January 2015 @ 255lbs we're in July 2015 weighed in @ 215lbs my goal weight is 180lbs.

Replies

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This may sound odd but I'm doing it to change my WHR (waist to hip ratio) in order to attract my version of the perfect mate or at least more dating choices. Also, mainly because I'm doing it for myself. I want to change the outcome of my life, you know, write my own story.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Why am I doing it?? I have a 4 year old daughter and I want her to have a healthy mom & a healthy attitude towards eating/exercising. I want to be a good example to my daughter.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I did it (doing it) because it's a habit now...but before because it was time for a change.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for my daughters (almost 4 years old and 10 months old). I want to be around for them and be able to play with them. Already, my 4 year old wants to "exercise" with me and she stretches with her dad.
  • brittanyarkward
    brittanyarkward Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it to be happy and healthy and of course to look good lol. Most importantly I'm doing it for my son. He's almost 3 with a ton of energy and I can't keep up with him or play with him like I want to.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I am doing it because I don't want to end up like my mom, high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol..at 55.
    I also do it for my fiance, I want to be the best me for us.
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Originally to improve performance in my crossfit gym, now its just kinda fun and to see if I can get an 8 pack.
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am doing it to be the happy and energetic, playful mother my son deserves.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am doing it to become the person I used to be: one who was active and happy with herself.
  • Stewnamie
    Stewnamie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am doing it to reclaim my lost health. I'm only 49. I have lots of play left in me if I can get into shape!
  • aleciastark
    aleciastark Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it because I'm at the end of my college career and there's no better time than now to really turn my life around. I'm doing it for my health. I'm doing it for me.
  • kmrdesigns
    kmrdesigns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing it to set an example of healthy eating habits and body image for my daughter.
  • Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm doing it to turn my diabetes diagnosis around (blood sugar already stabilized a lot); I want an A1C I can be proud of. I'm doing it to be a nimble New Yorker on public transit (i.e., run around the tourists). I'm doing it for my yet-to-be-born nephew. I'm doing it so I can feel what it's like to have a body that's lived in, not neglected.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it because I don't want to be fat.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but I started up again because I noticed I couldn't keep up with the dog at all. We have an extremely active dog and she competes in canine sports, which means her handlers come along for the ride.

Also, I'm doing it because I currently feel large next to my boyfriend, because he's a foot taller than me and yet at times I have been heavier.
  • ktface17
    ktface17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't want to miss out on a dream because I'm to big for it. My dad has a dream car. He can afford it but will never have one because he can't fit into it. Hearing him talk about his excitement over the car and then hearing the saddness in his voice as he came to the part where he won't have it made things click for me this time around.

Otherwise, I'm doing it to make myself feel better! I've been in some deep ruts on and off over the last years. It's time to find my happy, healthy place and let the weight regulate from there!
  • cfontanez2
    cfontanez2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Carmen and Im doing this to improve my health... At the age of 15 I was diagnosed with endometriosis… I really didn’t pay much attention to it and now Im paying the consequences of my actions…
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of low back pain and tired of feeling sluggish.
  • egarfio95
    egarfio95 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it because I deserve to be happy. There is nothing wrong with being bigger;however, if it prevents you from loving yourself, then you should something about it.
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it to fight depression and feel more confident. for 10months after having my son all I wore was my husbands shirts and pajama pants (yoga pants if I wanted to dress up lol) becase I refused to buy "fat clothes" I hate being self conscious all the time and I want to be able to wear cute lady clothes :-)