Medical Folks??

Options
I'm a Registered Nurse by education and have NEVER seen anything as awesome as My Fitness Pal!!! How many other Nurses or Medical Folks are there here?? I'm really trying to spread the word with everyone I know!!!!!!

I'm going to see if we have a MFP page on Facebook!!!!

Would love to hear from anyone!!

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
aol im TxBizNurse

Replies

• fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a MLT currently completing BS for MT. This is an amazing site~~~
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Hi! I'm also an RN/BSN, I've been telling anyone at work who would listen, too!
  • ChayaChameleon
    Options
    Before I found out about MFP, I was a member of another site that I had to pay for. I'm so lovin this site!

I am 1/2 way through an ADN program.
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm an RMT. Calorie-free virtual cookie if you even know what that is. LOL.

Welcome to MFP. We're pretty awesome here. Except when we're not. Then, we're just amazing.
  • kristy12379
    kristy12379 Posts: 239
    Options
    Hello! I'm a RN and have been using this site for over a year. I've lost over 80 lbs and still use this site for motivation to maintain my weight loss. Co-workers still come up to me on a daily basis and ask me how I did it. I tell them about mfp!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am currently in an ADN program. I just found this site but so far I am loving it. My only question is what "diet" is everyone doing to lose the weight? I have 41 pounds since my son was born in November, and have about 60 more to go. I was doing a bit on my own then started Nutrisystem for a while and lost 19 pounds, however I have now started the 17 Day Diet because I really need to learn how to eat for life and not just how to lose weight.
  • dlrandolph
    dlrandolph Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm a RN/BSN as well and telling everyone about MFP too. I'm not really dieting, but am eating everything in moderation and making better food choices.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I've worked in medical bill auditing for years. I also just got my B. S. degree in health science admin. I plan to get a RN license next.
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi there!!! I am an RN/BBA and love this site!!! It is very educational and I have recommended it to everyone I know!!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am an RT!!! I'll add ya!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN, it's in my profile. This is a great place and there are lots of medical people here. Probably a thread every couple of weeks comes out. Good luck on your journey!!
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Im a NZ comprehensive RN.

I found out about mfp when I did an app search for calorie counting for my itouch. The main reason I started doing this was to electronically log everything I ate in case I had a crohns flare and I could look back on it.
    Then I started calorie counting, excercising every day as I was realising whoa eating alot of calories. Now I have lost some weight and recommended it to other nurses at work.

I love it and its working well so far!
  • jclarewilliams
    Options
    Hi! :) Hope I can join the party... I'm not an RN yet - in the middle of my program - I'm slated to graduate May of 2012 w/my BSN.

It's actually one of my main motivations - I want to set a good example for my patients! No hypocritical advice from me! :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    My only question is what "diet" is everyone doing to lose the weight?
    You don't need "a diet" you simply need to eat far more healthily and log and therefore restrict your calorie intake.

Basic "how to lose weight" guidelines are pretty simple, and I'm sure everyone knows them already, there aren't any shortcuts and it's not complicated. Eat fish / lean meat / poultry in reasonable quantities, eat lots of vegetables, some carbs (whole grains better than white), some fruit, cut right back on anything fatty or fried or salty or sugary, get some exercise.

Log your calories every day and you'll see whether you're going over or whether some macronutrients (eg protein) are lacking. :smile:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    hey, I am a RN/BSN working on my MSN with education focus. :drinker:
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start my second year of nursing school....and work on the ambulance as an EMT.
  • incognitopotato
    incognitopotato Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a clinical research coordinator, so while I'm not a nurse myself I work with a lot of them and know how busy you are :) What has helped me a lot is packing my lunch and snacks in advance so that I don't just grab a quick but unhealthy lunch on the run. It's much cheaper than buying lunch in the cafeteria every day as well!

Feel free to friend me, I'm trying to be more involved lately and more support always helps :)
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm an MD, internal medicine specialty but retired last year and just doing volunteer work now as far as medicine goes. I have recommended the site to patients in the past
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a CT Tech & going back to school to be a Radiation Therapist :happy:

I'm always promoting MFP at work!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm a med tech - love this site! I've used a couple others before back in college and they weren't nearly as user friendly.