What are your favourite/least favourite protein bars?

Options
leviathas
leviathas Posts: 37 Member
I'm looking into some options and was wondering what kind of protein bars people eat (or hate) and why? Or perhaps why you don't eat them at all?
Thanks!!

Replies

• Jmaytes
    Jmaytes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great question I have went through many of the protein bars out there. I find the best ones to be either the Power Bar (protein one) or the dotfit (protein) bar. These contain a high amount of protein so it keeps one fuller for longer and is also relatively lower in carbs. Hope this helps
  • ungeneric
    ungeneric Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like Quest Bars because I think they taste good and have a good texture, as well as having a decent amount of protein and (soluble) fiber, at a reasonable calorie count. (It varies by flavor, but it's roughly 20g protein, 20g fiber, 200 calories per bar.)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are pretty good. They're a little expensive, but I think they're tasty :)
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Doctor's Carbrite chocolate brownie tastes good and has 21g of protein.
  • 1234anna1234
    1234anna1234 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Robert Irvine Fortifx Fit Crunch Peanut Butter are amazing. Just make sure you're getting the snack bar and not the meal bar.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Quest and Combat Crunch are awesome!
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My favorite are quest bars. They are sort of pricy but it packs a pretty hefty punch as far as protein goes. I usually use them as a snack but on occasion I will eat one for breakfast or lunch if I'm in a hurry. The Oreo and the chocolate chip cookie dough are my favorite.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Quest Apple Pie. It is sooooo good. The cookie dough and double chocolate are also very good.
  • leviathas
    leviathas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome I'll have to check these out! Thanks for the advice :) Cheers.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Favorite: Quest, cliff bars, Premier Protein

Least: Luna, I do like them but feel like they don't do much
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I do not like microwaved quest bars or regular quest bars that much.. I love microwaved cliff bars tho. Cliff bars are so yummy and they're a dessert to me! My favorite cliffbar is chocolate chip, pumpkin spice, and most importantly PEPPERMINT ! <3
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Quest brownie or honey bun

Yummy!!

So many other health food snack bars taste like ground up one cones and squirrel turds
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like Quest, Combat Crunch, Oh Yeah Victory, and Pure protein bars.

I'll definitely rate them in that particular order although some days I might pick combat crunch bars over quest.

Although I have a few protein bars at my disposal, I use them very sparingly. Mostly on days that I actually need them(long classes, travels, etc). I rather make actual food.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    quest and cliff bars!!
  • annemmr
    annemmr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like the Clif Builder bars, they have more protein than the regular Clif bars and taste great.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Personally I really don't understand the seemingly universal love for Quest bars... To me they're like chewing on an old tyre!! I have tried a couple of other brands and they're not much better. I just don't like the texture! I think I might need to try the trick of microwaving them to soften them up a bit?

There are some other high protein snack bars I like such as trek (peanut power!) and nature valley (peanut and choc) but they are about half the amount of protein than Quest etc. Probably why they actually taste good! :p

I want to try cliff builder bars as I like normal cliff bars but if the texture is the same as Quest then I probably won't like them either! Hence the reason I'm considering trying the microwave trick.

Or I might just eat some lovely grilled chicken breast instead like I did today and be done with it! :D
  • jrc5423
    jrc5423 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Cliff bars! I'm particularly addicted to the builder bar in Vanilla Almond. The regular ones in Oatmeal Walnut Raisin and Blueberry Crisp I like as well. I also enjoy the Quest bars...they are more typical "protein bar" taste and texture, although they do have a bit of an aftertaste. The chocolate brownie and mint chocolate chunk Quest bars taste pretty good. I tried to get into Think Thin, as my friend recommended them, but I'm really not a fan. They taste bland to me and I tried almost 6 different flavors, still couldn't finish a whole bar.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I find quest bars really gritty and overly sweet. I hear they are better broiled or microwaved tho. I just can't justify the cost for something I don't like - so I just put whey protein powder in water which to be fair is also overly sweet. Does anyone have suggestions for protein bars/ powders that are less sweet other than, say a hunk of chicken breast?
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I agree, Robert Irvine's fit crunch bars are the best! Peanut butter is the best, cookies and cream is good too. They have a new flavor i havent tried yet though.