I need motivation!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Kate and I've been using Myfitnesspal for a few years now. I am currently at my heaviest, 5'8" and roughly 310lbs. My husband has been serving a short tour (a year long tour) in Korea and when he returns in January, we plan to start a family soon after. I need to change my life. I need to feel better about myself and I need to live a healthier life, especially before thinking about starting a family.
To be clear, this is not something I am wanting to do for looks, but rather, something I feel is necessary for me to feel healthy and happy with myself again.
If anyone would like to be friends, feel free to add me! I just need others to keep me accountable and maybe to share their stories, both successes and failures with me. We all know this is hard to do alone, so why not make a few new friends going through the same challenges? :)

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    not being where you want to be should be enough motivation.
  • aaroncirilo
    aaroncirilo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    feel free to add myself and my wife jencirilo ..it basically comes down to a decision ...once a decision has been made then don't give yourself unhealthy options.. it's in the "decision" that the will power comes into play. Will power is fleeting and uncertain. Don't depend on being strong and determined. Just decide ONCE that this healthy life is yours.

Don't think of it as a diet but as a new life style. This is the new you.

Here is a few rules i use that help me:
    1. never have "cheat days"
    2. never eat wheat products (no grains)
    3. never eat sugar except on holidays I eat some fruit
    4. eat more saturated fats (eggs, avocados, bacon, etc) **Helps you feel full longer**
    5. drink tons of water
    6. move/exercise daily in one way or another
    7. don't talk about your lifestyle change with unhealthy people they will not help you

You can do it!!