General Vent - Plexus

Options
My step-daughter is on the Plexus bandwagon and constantly posts on Facebook all its miraculous results. This morning she is stating that the back pain she has had ever since giving birth a year ago is now gone, thanks to Plexus. That makes absolutely no sense! Also, it supposedly cures low blood pressure, high blood pressure, stretch marks, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc. etc. etc. And, if you are in doubt about whether Plexus can cure your problem, just message her and she'll find out! (And I'm pretty sure it will cure whatever is ailing you.) So my FB feed is constantly flooded with this nonsense and I can't find a way to block anything with the word Plexus in it. I don't want to necessarily block all her posts, just that annoying Plexus miracle pink drink. Any ideas?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Go onto her post, and debunk it. Tell everyone it's a scam.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, but I've tried that before and had a slew of salespeople jump down my throat or just delete my messages. Remember, she's profiting from it so she's unlikely to "see the light" any time soon.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You can either hide her posts or talk to her in private. Although there are no studies to prove it is safe or effective, the placebo effect works. She might think it's the drink when the reality is that she is making improvements. Don't take that away from her, but let her know that the improvements she has seen are a result of general weight loss and not directly related to the product.
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Plexus just bought my friend a Lexus - That's how much she sold. Their product is probably highly unsafe and ineffective, but their marketing is on point.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I would just ignore the posts
    I think MFP however should ban posts with the word plexus