what type of changes might i see

Options
Hello. I just started logging and weighing all my food and im wondering what type of changes i might see in 6 weeks time? My tdee is 1750 and im eating 1500 cals a day. I do 30min cardio 2 times a week and brisk walk 3 times week. I also lift some weights 3 times a week. What is a realistic 6 week goal for me? I am healthy bmi of 23% i beleive

Replies

• Leka1000
    Leka1000 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No comments? Guess I have to wait and see for myself.....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    There's no way to tell you what you might see. We all lose in different places first and your rate of loss will depend on your accuracy. You may notice your arms and face look slightly thinner or you might notice better shape to your lower legs as they get thinner or you might notice your waist shrink. It really depends on where your body loses from first. My arms look thinner first, but I have a friend who loses from her arms last.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Because weight loss isn't a linear thing, it's really hard to predict results in another person (especially since I don't know if you weigh your food, or if your body reacts differently to certain foods/exercises than mine does). Since you're already at a healthy BMI, I think your changes will come more slowly than some. Maybe .5 - 1 lb a week - but possibly less. You probably also won't get the initial dump that some people do, as you likely don't have the same glycogen/water store that an obese person would.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's really highly individual. Wait and be surprised by your success! :)
  • Leka1000
    Leka1000 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks. FYI I am weighing and logging all my food. Even if I grab a piece of fruit from my son, it's logged...I am also logging all the food I take to work the day before for more convenience and to help stay on track.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    There's no way to tell you what you might see. We all lose in different places first and your rate of loss will depend on your accuracy. You may notice your arms and face look slightly thinner or you might notice better shape to your lower legs as they get thinner or you might notice your waist shrink. It really depends on where your body loses from first. My arms look thinner first, but I have a friend who loses from her arms last.

This. It's different for everyone. First place I noticed was my stomach (THANK GOODNESS!!!).

• clarelara24
    clarelara24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would also measure your waist and hips - I've been surprised at what a difference just a couple of pounds makes to your measurements and it's really encouraged me to keep going. My stomach is my worst area and it's been really good knowing that what I'm doing is working and I am losing weight from there. Good luck :-)
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    As others have said, weight loss is a very individual thing. So, if you stick to it, at the minimum you'll lose some weight, drop some inches and feel a lot better. Good luck with your journey!