Hi from stormy MN!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new! I found out about this site from a video on youtube. I've only been at it for three days and i'm determined to stay with it! I'm 5'7" and just saw the scale hit 210lbs a few days ago, i knew i put on weight for the last 2 years but seeing that almost made me cry. My eating habits got crazy (sweet cravings and HUGE appetite) when I got on birth control then a few months later my knee went bye bye along with my workouts. I use to run 6 miles 5 days a week and weight lift, dabble with P90X after having a similar weight gain when i got on the Depo shot. Now it's rather depressing and horribly embarrassing to see all my hard work ruined. I pretty much stopped going out and doing things :(
So hopefully with MFP and some more P90x i can get back on track, just lookin around for some buddies!!

Replies

• 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! This is a good site.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    I am also from mn! :) this site is so great to track everything and makes you really think about what you would normally eat. You will do great!
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I'm from St Cloud. If you use the site, It's great. Just be careful when you fall off the wagon to get back on as soon as possible.
  • kokoasummer
    kokoasummer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yea it def does, i REALLY dont wanna see those numbers go red at the end of the day for my calories! I love that whole "if every day is like today, you will weight # in 5 weeks" totally helps keep me focus!
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from St. Cloud (and hoping it doesn't rain next weekend so I can go camping). Myfitnesspal is a great site (I've lost ~28 pounds so far and have gotten down to the lowest weight I can ever remember) and I hope you have great success. I've been working on my running since Feb/March (in the cold/rain/snow) and I'm hoping to start Power 90 sometime next week.