This is me

Options
I'm Laura, I'm 32 and a first time dieter, I'm hoping to lose 2 stone to get back to my previous figure/weight, after having my daughter 17 months ago, I'm finding it hard to lose the weight now, been using this app two days and so far it seems more simple than i imagined (counting calories). I'm a qualified chef and carer so had quite active jobs that probably contributed to me staying slim before, if anyone has any tips they want to share feel free to add me! Thanks for reading xx

Replies

• donjshaw45
    donjshaw45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started last week, really enjoying it and losing a little weight too, which is good.

A tip: Complete your food diary early in the evening - it makes me less tempted to have food later at night if I have already 'published' my diary for the day - people like and congratulate you on a good day so eating anything else would be like letting them down! Works for me anyway! :)
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    just remember to log everything, healthy fats are your friend, I bet you can make some yummy salads and dressings. log exercise activity to motivate you to do it. In my city, they have stroller walks for moms, so you may want to look into that. and it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.
  • LauraCarter77
    LauraCarter77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, wise words and advice noted!!
    Yes I do love trying to making new things in the kitchen, plus my other half is Portuguese and loves cooking up a storm too, they eat a lot of sea food haha.