Surplus scenario/question

Options
AlexEtheridge1996
AlexEtheridge1996 Posts: 65 Member
edited July 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Im currently bulking but i let myself go over the weekend and binged without tracking.

My question is whether i should eat at a deficit for a few days to reduce my overall calorie surplus for the week, or should i forget about it and write it off and continue with being in a surplus all the time, and accept that the weekends surplus created more fat than planned on my bulk

Replies

• AlexEtheridge1996
    AlexEtheridge1996 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im currently bulking but i let myself go over the weekend and binged without tracking.

My question is whether i should eat at a deficit for a few days to reduce my overall calorie surplus for the week, or should i forget about it and write it off and continue with being in a surplus all the time, and accept that the weekends surplus created more fat than planned on my bulk

Can the excess surplus calories be used(from binging), if i go in a deficit for a few days, or will the excess calories of created fat that cant be used towards gaining muscle in my bulk

• lilbitoftrouble
    lilbitoftrouble Posts: 2,052 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just keep typing in response to your own question and see how many calories you can burn answer yourself lol.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Since you aren't trying to lose weight, I wouldn't worry about it until it shows up on the bathroom scale. As it is, you're either going to eat less than you need and eventually make up for it, or you're going to eat more than you need and you'll end up going into a weight loss cycle anyway. No need to stress out over it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Keep eating in a surplus OP…and keep taking measurements and weighing yourself. If you find yourself gaining too much then bump your calories down by 50 to 100 a day. It really is trial and error.

yes, you can repost this in the gaining forum, but you will probably get the same advice that I just gave you.