Mileage tickers

Options
Hello -

I have the weight loss countdown ticker on my profile. I've noticed that some people have the tickers related to miles walked, etc.

I am soooo not computer savvy. Will someone tell me how to find those?

Thanks!

Grace

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ticker-factory.com has them, look at my ticker, I think the correct webaddress is on it.

OK, so I guess I have one from a different website. :laugh:
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tickerfactory.com
  • pickleanmeangreen
    Options
    it really doesnt matter, its all about the calories u lose or intake, the amount of sugar that you are taking, whether your eating processed food or not so that it digest properly, so the way it works, for every 3500 cals u lose, thats one lb. of body fat... so if you exercise, and lose 500 cals, and ur goal is 1700 cals a day and u eat 1200, thats thats 500 u lose on your diet, and 500 you lose on ur exercise, so thats 1000, which is 1/3 of a lb.
  • Jbugfit2011
    Jbugfit2011 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have the ticker but not sure how to insert miles to make it move...Please help
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    Here are directions I posted for a group challenge that I am going to be in in June... I hope they help!

Here are the directions for the tickers....

Go to www.tickerfactory.com
    Under the Weight loss / fitness heading click on the "Exercise and Fitness Ticker"
    Choose Your Ticker Ruler -- click Next
    Choose your Ticker Slider -- click next

Then you set up your information to save the ticker...

--Create a Pin (this will allow you to update the ticker throughout without having to make a new one each time!)
    --Units
    --Total Cumulative Value (when we start the challenge you click on the "+add" to put in today's minutes.miles and it will add it to your total)
    --Target (this is where you put how many minutes/miles you want to complete this month)
    --Message (title of what you are counting for)

Click Next and it will give you the code to put into your signature....

the bbcode is the one for message boards I do believe...

if you look at the code the first sentence says url: www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/??????

If you bookmark that first part (www.tickerfactor.com/exercise/?????) then you can go back and change the ticker without having to make a new one! Just don't forget the pin you made.

I hope that all helps. I am not great with directions! :)
  • Remi79
    Options
    I have the ticker but not sure how to insert miles to make it move...Please help

Your ticker doesn't look complete to me...is something missing from it? You don't have a starting number or a quote on top or a goal. I don't think you finished it maybe?
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I am hoping it worked!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Then again - maybe not.
  • Jbugfit2011
    Options
    Testing my ticker
  • Jbugfit2011
    Options
    DID IT WORK FOR ANYONE ELSE?
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options

Hi. I think I figured it out! You just go back to the ticker website and sign in and enter your updated information.
    Grace
  • MeenaSimmons
    MeenaSimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I made a mileage ticker last night for the June 100 mile challenge, then noticed that MFP states only their tickers are allowed on the site. I don't understand why MFP has this regulation, but I always see others with them....and I want one too!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Mommyof3loves Posts: 276
    Options
    ok i know this is off topic some but what is this June 100 mile challenge?
  • Remi79
    Options
    ok i know this is off topic some but what is this June 100 mile challenge?

You walk/run/swim/jog whatever 100 miles in June. There's a thread that got started and we're starting June 1.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    My plan was just to get through 100 miles before the end of the summer, but I see your challenge!
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    hmm
  • Jbugfit2011
    Options
    Looking for the June Mileage thread
  • Jbugfit2011
    Options
    test