No BS Friends

Options
I am looking for some people who are serious about getting fit. I'm getting tired of seeing statuses about people's never ending failures on my feed. The first few times the behavior is repeated, it's really annoying, but when it just continues, it starts to feel like a drain on my time. If you are more of a tough love, rather than a constant hand holding type of person -- ADD ME! :)

Replies

• FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel !!!
  • Kathryn97Perry
    Kathryn97Perry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness! Seriously, it's not like those hand holders are being forced to track their food. Haha
    I'm sending you a friend request right after I post this.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Rogue_Esq wrote: »
    I am looking for some people who are serious about getting fit. I'm getting tired of seeing statuses about people's never ending failures on my feed. The first few times the behavior is repeated, it's really annoying, but when it just continues, it starts to feel like a drain on my time. If you are more of a tough love, rather than a constant hand holding type of person -- ADD ME! :)

I've failed more times than you could imagine, yet I've succeeded more than most people on this site. Is it really fair to judge people based on their failures?

Pick your MFP friends however you wish, but don't hate on failure. It happens.
  • Rogue_Esq
    Rogue_Esq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rogue_Esq wrote: »

I've failed more times than you could imagine, yet I've succeeded more than most people on this site. Is it really fair to judge people based on their failures?

Pick your MFP friends however you wish, but don't hate on failure. It happens.

Of course it happens. If I never failed, I wouldn't be on here. I'd be perfectly fit. I just don't have tolerance for never ending excuses.
  • jbouton40
    jbouton40 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am in it for the long haul. I will not fail
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Lolz.

+1
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    The last time I saw something like this it was in my feed. The guy lasted about a month.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Insert Michael Jordan quote on failure here
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I need someone like you on my feed! Sending a request!
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

“My attitude is that if you push me towards a weakness, I will turn that weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan

“I have failed many times, but I have never gone into a game expecting myself to fail.” – Michael Jordan

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP - Add me :) I'm 27, from Chicago, and I hate negative stuff on my newsfeed all the time. I log in everyday and open diary.
  • joeordinary
    joeordinary Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I adapt any and all messages I would convey to the people on my feed to the people that are behind those screen names. Some people need the support, some want the kick in the butt. My own messages and statuses are upbeat, but it's been easy t be upbeat, since I am winning day after day in this battle.
    I will pull anyone up who is struggling, but I will say I do feel your frustration when excuses start piling up. Make progress, not excuses.
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOL... I get that, my problem is that people add me, go strong for a few weeks or maybe a month and then disappear. Thankfully there are a few who log everyday and provide oodles of inspiration and motivation.
  • Rogue_Esq
    Options
    YolliB2014 wrote: »
    LOL... I get that, my problem is that people add me, go strong for a few weeks or maybe a month and then disappear. Thankfully there are a few who log everyday and provide oodles of inspiration and motivation.

I don't mind if they disappear, nor do I mind if people screw up once in a while. That's really quite normal, and I'm totally willing to be encouraging to those people who are human beings that just aren't perfect all the time.

What I'm tired of reading is statuses that go something like this...

8:07am post:

"I'm going to be so awesome today. I'm going to eat only celery and the leanest chicken breast you've ever seen."

11am post:
    "OK, I had three McMuffins for breakfast, but I'm going to go to the gym."

1:11pm post:
    "Whoops, that taco salad had 1800 calories, but I only checked after I devoured the whole thing. I'm going to have a really small and healthy dinner!"

6:34pm post:
    "Ugh. I didn't go to the gym, I had three pizzas for dinner, and I had a pint of ice cream for dessert. Oh well, I'll do better tomorrow."

Then repeat same series of posts from same person the next day, and the next, and the one after that, and so on.
  • Rogue_Esq
    Options
    moesis wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

“My attitude is that if you push me towards a weakness, I will turn that weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan

“I have failed many times, but I have never gone into a game expecting myself to fail.” – Michael Jordan

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Hahaha! Thank you!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I adapt any and all messages I would convey to the people on my feed to the people that are behind those screen names. Some people need the support, some want the kick in the butt. My own messages and statuses are upbeat, but it's been easy t be upbeat, since I am winning day after day in this battle.
    I will pull anyone up who is struggling, but I will say I do feel your frustration when excuses start piling up. Make progress, not excuses.

Yes, big difference between excuses vs needing support. :)
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    My favorite personal post is:"I am stuffing my face with a Chipotle burrito while reading the newest sugar thread on MFP forum."