cigarettes

Options
2»

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I quite smoking 4 months into my weight loss journey, and continue my weight loss. you can do it too.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am a quitter too.. I would say I gained a little but looking at the bigger picture why care if you put on a few pounds... the health benefits of quitting are much greater than just a few pounds... and you will find running easier after a while too, actually any cardio exercise!!

Also, weight is something you can work hard to get back off.... the tar in your lungs isnt something you can change if you dont quit.

Dont let weight weigh in on your decision :) Just my 2 cents :wink:
  • KimberlyLBergman
    KimberlyLBergman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm day 6 and not smoking. I had started walking nightly about 3-4 miles prior to quitting and eating very healthy. Drink lots of water and high Vit. C fruits help. I also like air popped pocorn sprayed with some coconut oil spray and salt, spices and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. And stay busy!!!! Just realize that the craving if you wait a few minutes will pass. And I've lost another pound this week!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    The first time I quit, I didn't gain anything. I was eating less than I was burning. The second time I quit, I gained, but I was eating out of control. Whether you gain or not, will depend largely on how you approach it. I think it is entirely possible to quit without gaining. Find something to do with your hands, and have a plan to distract yourself when you would normally have one (commercials on TV, talking on the phone, long highway drives, etc). Best of luck!
  • decotterell
    decotterell Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calorie limit and you wont gain.
  • KimberlyLBergman
    KimberlyLBergman Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Yashimaynard638
    you can friend request me if you want a buddy to quit with.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I quit, cold turkey 1 year ago this month. I smoked for almost 30 years. Didn't gain a pound.
  • L0VE3UG
    L0VE3UG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Solid decision to quit smoking. Good for you and major props! I think some ppl do gain weight but personally I didn't when I quit. I had a friend who gained some because she craved sugar (for some reason) or would eat out of boredom instead of smoke. As long as you continue to exercise and eat right I think you'll be fine. The benefits of quitting far outweigh any weight you may put on as you can always reverse that through diet/exercise. Can't say the same for cancer or heart disease though...