I love snacks!

Options
I am always looking for new snack ideas - particularly high protein ones. Really want to change things up a bit so need some inspiration.

Tell me what your favourite snacks are! :)

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Carrots and hummus, nuts, beef jerky, roasted chick peas, olives, and Bark Thins(not too much protein, but I love the dark chocolate with roasted salted pumpkin seeds).
  • kamiswinney
    kamiswinney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love fruit with greek yogurt and almonds; hummus and veggies; and whole wheat crackers with Laughing Cow cheese and grape tomatoes! Always looking for new ideas!!
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Edamame!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I take egg whites, add cream of tartar, whip it up into a meringue. Add splenda and/or liquid stevia, add calorie free water enhancer flavor(Mio type). It whips up into a nice fluffy snack. A bowl full is 50 calories and 10 grams of protein. So yummy for snacking on the couch.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Edamame!

Mmm I love Edamame! :yum:
  • 29_adjacent
    Options
    Carrots and hummus, nuts, beef jerky, roasted chick peas, olives, and Bark Thins(not too much protein, but I love the dark chocolate with roasted salted pumpkin seeds).

Roasted chickpeas! Now there's an idea! I love chickpeas. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 29_adjacent
    edited July 2015
    Options

Also, I just looked up Bark Thins and oh my gosh they sound delicious! Unfortunately I am in the UK and I don't think we have them here... :disappointed:
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    They are amazing, I just season them with salt and pepper but there are endless possibilities.
    This is the recipe I use: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-crispy-roasted-chickpeas-in-the-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-219753
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Can of Tuna, 6 crackers, mustard and pickles. Smash up the crackers, cut the pickles and mix everything in a bowl