need some at home work outs (without equipment ) to get rid of belly fat.

Options
I only do squats now :neutral:

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I do fitness blender work outs, free on youtube. There are tons of videos to choose from.
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    No workout is going to get rid of belly fat. You can tone your abs under the fat but that's it. You just need to eat less than you burn, and less carbs (carbs and alcohol swell the belly), no alcohol...
  • brad837
    brad837 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Can you afford to buy a Kettlebell?

No space needed and I can assure you, you will lose lbs. with KB's...

There are tons of YouTube videos of various KB workouts too.
  • brad837
    brad837 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in a different message, but thought it would be relevant here too...

In one study sponsored by the American Council on Exercise (ACE),3 participants were able to burn calories ‘off the charts’ when they used kettlebells in a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) format, which allows you to get an intense workout in a short amount of time.

They used 10 volunteers, ranging in age from 29 to 46, who were experienced with kettlebells, and asked them to do a workout consisting of swinging a kettlebell one-handed between their legs and over their head in what’s known as a “snatch” motion. The 20-minute interval workout entailed:4

“Following a basic warm-up, subjects did 15 seconds of one-armed snatches, first with their dominant hand, then after a 15-second rest period, they performed another 15 seconds of snatches with the other hand.

The workout continued like that, with intervals of 15 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest, for 20 minutes, followed by a five-minute cool-down.”

During the workout, participants burned an average of 13.6 calories per minute aerobically, plus another 6.6 calories per minute anaerobically.

“So they were burning at least 20.2 calories per minute, which is off the charts. That’s equivalent to running a 6-minute mile pace. The only other thing I could find that burns that many calories is cross-country skiing up hill at a fast pace,” said the study’s lead researcher, John Porcari, Ph.D.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Google: You Are Your Own Gym or Convict Conditioning.

I like videos - Hulu.com, YouTube.....(no equipment) look for Pilates or Yoga....both are great for the core. Any cardio will help with calorie deficit.
  • Bacardibarker
    Bacardibarker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    HIIT on you tube! No equipment no excuses. :)
  • laura_h258
    laura_h258 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender
  • 95savvy
    95savvy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    this is a great full body work out that will forsure make you want to cry.

15 burpees
    10 mt. climbers
    20 leg lifts
    20 power squats
    20 bench dips (or just a chair works fine)

X3

and i like to change up the routine each round. like i might change power squats to 180 jump squats or sumo sqauts (so on so forth) to change up the intensity and to really get my heart rate going. i do harder alternatives each round.

• KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You can't "get rid of belly fat". You can't spot reduce. You just have to lose weight overall. But all of these things are good recommendations for body weight workouts to help increase your deficit to make you lose more weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Exercising is for fitness and health. Calorie deficit is for weight loss/fat loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • supahdupahfitness
    supahdupahfitness Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You should look into some equipment or join a gym, going cardio crazy will send your body skinny fat. You're going to need some kind of resistance training. Even body weight exercises will need you to do pull-ups on something.

OR: You could always grab two rucksacks and fill them with books at an equal weight, that's poor mans dumbbells right there and got me through some money-scraping times. Heck tie your bed-sheets into two seperate sacks and fill those with books if you don't have rucksacks:

Chest: Flat press and or Flat Flys (it would be great if you could do incline and decline angles but without a proper bench that's pretty risky.)
    Biceps: Bicep Curls and Hammer curls
    Triceps: Tricep Kickbacks
    Shoulders: Rear Delt Fly, Anterior Raise, Lateral Raise, Shoulder press, Shrugs for Traps
    Back: Upper row, Mid Pull, Deadlifts (for Deadlifts, make sure there's no slacks and lift the sack as you raise)
    Legs: Squats, Russian Deadlifts, Lunges, Calf raises (Whilst doing Squats, Lunges and Calf Raises wear one rucksack on your front and one on your back, if using bed-sheet sacks, make one big sack and hug it in front of you. For Russian Deadlifts lift it with you from the ground as you raise.)
    Abs: Crunches, Side raises, Straight-ups (lie straight, hold weight above chest, sit up straight keeping weight held up until your head is beneath the weight. Just try it you'll see what I mean.)
    Forearms: Wrist curls, Reverse Wrist curls

Unless I'm mistaken that's pretty much every muscle group, do two muscle groups every weekday, and throw in forearms on the last day. Always do forearms last, you don't want a weak and tired grip if you've still got weights to lift. Do HIIT on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, recover on the weekend and make sure to replace books on shelf. Bang. No money necessary. Good luck.

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    What ninerbuff said, but here is a solid at-home body-weight workout for fitness. I'm posting the beginner link/ there's an advanced workout linked up from the page as well.
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/