I need help getting back on my weightloss journey.

Options
I had to have an emergency surgery several weeks ago. Since then I just can't get back on my healthy eating routine. On top of that my sleep pattern has went crazy. Up most of the night and tired all day. This makes me not want to do anything. I guess I need to know, how do I get my eating back to healthy? I want to then I feel like I don't. And leave the junk food alone? I can't get myself motivated.

Replies

• Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I was so gung ho for 6 months & the last month it has just petered out a bit. I've been trying to get remotivated by spending a little time on the forums and I just keep taking it 1 day at a time. I feel like the emotional plateau will give way if I keep going, just like the weight one will.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well, nobody else can do it for you.

Every bite is another chance to make better food choices. Go for it! : )
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    First thing is first: heal. Don't worry about physical activity unless it's been cleared by your doctor, and even then, ease into it until your body has reached equalibrium.

Secondly, I'd start logging. If you "can't" live in a deficit at this moment, then at least log your surplus. Be honest - brutily honest about what you're taking in. This does a lot for helping you realize how much you need to cut back.

Also - maybe leave a little room in your calorie allotment for the "junk" food, so you don't feel like you have to cut it out completely.
  • tasteoheavn
    tasteoheavn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I've been stuck for the past few weeks at 8 pounds loss and I'm about ready to give up.