Fighting Temptation..ON WEEKENDS!!

Options
OMG. I seem to do very during the weekday, but weekends....are becoming not so good. I need some help?? I work 8 to 5 mon-fri but weekends i dont work. Im thinking about getting a weekend job just to stay on track.

NEED SOME HELP!!

Replies

• wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    Plan a long walk or hike or extra workout every weekend. Then also plan a treat. Keep all your other meals on track, knowing your "saving' for your treat. Just an idea.
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Hello friend.You don't need to get a second job.You just need to follow your goals and stay focused.I know its hard,boy do I know.You can eat, just make good choices.You can do it.If you want add me as a friend for support and motivation.Best of luck to you.:happy:
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a strong believer of work hard, play hard. You can still see great results while taking a cheat day on the weekend. But in the past I always ended up taking a cheat weekend which wasn't so good. So now I try to stay on track for breakfast and lunch on both saturday and sunday but let myself eat 2 dinners (either fri/sat or sat/sun) that I don't worry about. Its still good to log to keep from completely blowing it and know that relaxing your diet doesn't mean completely losing sight of your goals. But having the cheat time makes me not feel so separate from the rest of the non dieting world. It also makes it easier to get through the week when I know I can have a beer and some ice cream at the end of the week! Its about long term changes and I love food! Life wouldn't be as much fun if I could never deviate from my plan!
  • just_dance
    just_dance Posts: 15
    Options
    I would just try to keep myself busy. When I am busy I don’t think about food. Try to focus on fun weekend activities rather than fun weekend food. For instance maybe take up a hobby or volunteer work… Have any special interests? Do you like going to museums, but have not visited one in a long time? Or perhaps check your local news paper for events happening each weekend i.e. music festivals, indi theaters with cheap tickets, art exhibits, day trips to historical monuments. Maybe go on a hike and explore the local wilderness. If you really enjoy cooking, try to tackle some difficult, time consuming dishes for the weekend. Try making ones where your focus is on the food preparation, not on the food consumption aspect of the activity. Put some music on in the background and have a dance party in the kitchen as you cook! Sometimes on my days off I will spend hours standing in the kitchen chopping, stirring etc. to make some elaborate dish, by the time I have finished I not even hungry anymore lol (but my family enjoys it). I also really enjoy throwing dinner parties with my more elaborate meals. My hostess duties usually keep me on my feet which keeps me too occupied to ever over eat, and as a bonus I have fun with my friends and family. I really think the key is having something fun and exciting for the weekend that will keep you busy. I hope these ideas will help you!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have trouble on weekends too - I have found a few things that work for me. I have to keep myself very busy, with groceries, doing some menu-planning and pre-cooking for the week, and at least one big outdoors thing. Today, I took a very long walk! I don't know if this will work for you, but you could try just one thing, and see if it works for you. I know you can do it, and I am pulling for you! Best of luck!
  • Smoodysmom
    Smoodysmom Posts: 21
    Options
    Same here sis....it just seems like I just can't fight the temptation...smh
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great Question! I need help too! To many family functions where I dont know what they put in their food!!!