What is your super strength or excelling exercise?

Options
SuperJo1972
SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
As I've become more active, I've tried lots of exercise types, most of which I've added into my routine in some shape or form. from yoga and pilates, to walking/hiking/jogging, to strength training and most recently cycling.
The one that I seem to have a natural talent for is the Deadlift. I have good form and, as a beginner, I feel that it is my signature move. I feel strong and empowered when I lift what is, for me, a very heavy barbell.
So, what makes you feel Awesome? :)

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I felt pretty awesome when I finished the Shamrock 8K race earlier this year - 790th out of 8,888 racers... I averaged 8:20 minute miles and I finished 38th in my gender/age group.

I never really considered myself a runner, but after that race I now do :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Deadlift

I love the general power it gives
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Was always deadlift until I grew a pair and started pushing myself on overhead press. Doing 5x5 at 85 pounds and my 1RM is 100 pounds
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options
    Cycling long distances. :)

Hiking long-ish distances is probably the runner-up.
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have recently fallen in love with rock climbing but when there isn't anything to climb I'm good with a nice hike.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting (Deadlifts, squats, bench) and work with Kettlebells (e.g. Snatches) I took to them like a duck to water.
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing! Especially the flying scissor kick. I feel like a fabulous fighter babe out of a Tarantino movie. Plus now I know how to decimate muggers, bullies, and other nefarious ruffians.
  • Pittleydink
    Pittleydink Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I find that I do really well at HIIT endurance training programs. It's exhaustive but I feel great when its over.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,404 Member
    Options
    The leg press. Knocking out a set of 10 reps at over 1k pounds is my Hulk moment.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If you had asked a few months ago, I would have said deads. I still love deads, but I'm coming to realize that my strength at them was more raw natural strength rather then true talent.

These days? Bench. A little bit of work on my form and focused targeted programming and my bench is truly exploding upwards on me. And I love the feeling of bench when it's working perfectly on me.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I do something called pinch-grip rows - basically a bent-over row with a short barbell or 2 dumbbells, except holding the plates between the thumb & fingers instead of gripping the bar like normal people. I'm up to a lot of weight, and i feel like superman doing it. Phone books tremble with fear.
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    1rm Strength testing next week, hoping for a PB
    Currently. Bench is 400, DL 518 and squat 440
  • SuperJo1972
    SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys rock!!!