Tattoos and loose skin???

Options
mrdmevans
mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
kfi6xns98ksc.jpg
zrl5eq41ewbd.jpg
Ok, so I have always been drawn to tattoos. To me there is something to be said about a piece of art with meaning on someone.

So, I am wanting to get my first... Problem is I have lost over 300 pounds and well I have some loose skin. I am thinking about getting one on my lower arm, where the skin is loose but not as bad as other places.

My question is for those that have been in this situation before. Is it even possible to end up with a good quality tattoo with loose/thin skin? What should I look for/know before pursuing it?

Also, if you are in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and have a recommendation on an artist let me know!

Replies

• leks808
    leks808 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's best to do your research on and choose an artist to work with. Sure you can be tattooed by just about any artist and some artist will tattoo whatever you want but is it right for your body i.e. placement, skin tone, etc. that is something only a skilled artist can help you determine and will detour you from making the wrong decision when it comes to putting a permanent piece of art on your skin. Take it from someone that's had several so called artist worked on. It took me 2 years to have my current artist do his first piece on me, and this was only after hearing about him and seeing his numerous magazine spreads and awards, not to mention he was my neighbor. A good artist will take your imagination and make it a pieces of art with their twist. A good artist will make sure it's placed right. A good artist will make sure the color choice, if you prefer color, is right for the artwork. Hopefully this helps.