bloating help o_O

Options
Hey Everyone,
i was wondering if i could get some advice.
i seem to bloat alot after certain foods and was wondering what people would suggest to stop this.food and beverages.
would really appreciate some help.
thanks guys
peace and love
Cerri

Replies

• cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    do you drink a lot of diet soda? chew a lot of sugar free gum? Eat Cool-Whip free? Im totally guilty of it.... but sometimes "diet" foods contain certain kinds of artificial sweeteners like sorbitol that cause bloat because they dont mix well with stomach acid...
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bump ... I want to know too!
  • CerridwenKitty
    Options
    i dont chew gum or eat cool-whip.but i do enjoy my ocassional diet coke alright.
    i find i bloat more when i eat bread and potatoes though.
    im trying to cut them out.
    been eating gluten free bread for the past few days but i ate some potato today and now im bloated again.
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I identify them and then eliminate them from my diet. I wish I had a better answer for you.

I'm gluten free as well.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    oh hmm... bread and potatoes... seems like a high starch thing. Usually when I get bloated I drink a few cups of "stomach ease" tea by Yogi Tea, or something similar... it helps to sorta calm it down. And I take a probiotic!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Same as atouria. I'd cut them out of my diet as best I could.
  • Chychy17
    Chychy17 Posts: 13
    Options
    I take a gas pill after I eat, my body does the same thing. I bloat if I even take one bite! I also do a laxative once a week to help clean my body out. Sometimes your food leaves behind proteins and bacteria in your intestines that cause bloating. I also did a 15 day cleanse a few weeks ago and it was amazing! I would suggest doing that as well!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    i dont chew gum or eat cool-whip.but i do enjoy my ocassional diet coke alright.
    i find i bloat more when i eat bread and potatoes though.
    im trying to cut them out.
    been eating gluten free bread for the past few days but i ate some potato today and now im bloated again.

Could be the high glycemic index foods; bread, potoatoes, etc. Try substituting some fruit instead of potatoes (chips, baked, mashed)
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bread has gluten could you be gluten sensitive ?? You may want to try a Celiac diet for a week or two and see if it helps.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I add a lemon to my water and that seems to help.
  • sophiessweets
    Options
    Raw veggies are a culprit too. I steam all my veggies and found it really helps w/ bloating.
  • CerridwenKitty
    Options
    thanks fo the help guys
    i dont eat much potatoes.the odd one here or there.
    but i love bread but it doeant love me so thats why i switched to gluten free.
    i got tested for ceoliac disease but i dont have it.
    might be a slight wheat intollerance though.
    i should probably drink more water too.
    i dont drink enough.
    and i do love raw veg.
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    thanks fo the help guys
    i dont eat much potatoes.the odd one here or there.
    but i love bread but it doeant love me so thats why i switched to gluten free.
    i got tested for ceoliac disease but i dont have it.
    might be a slight wheat intollerance though.
    i should probably drink more water too.
    i dont drink enough.
    and i do love raw veg.

I was tested, too, and came up negative for celiac. There's no denying I have a gluten sensitivity based on how my body reacts and how I feel after eating it. Lately, some veggies bother me, too -raw or not! Bell pepper, broccoli, and onions have been severly limited in my diet. It sucks.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I retain water in the hot months of the year...most uncomfortable. Am drinking beverages that have some diuretic qualities (green tea, ginger tea, etc.) as part of my daily water intake. Seems to be helping some.