Starbucks Recommendation?

Options
MissJay75
MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
I am meeting a friend at Starbucks tonight, and I am very unfamiliar with their menu. Can anyone suggest a favorite drink?

I'm looking for an option with low or no calories that is completely caffeine free. (As opposed to decaf) I'd prefer not to do something boring like bottled water. We plan on hanging out and chatting for a while, so I would like to actually purchase something there, not bring my own.

Ideas?

Replies

• kristenngreen
    kristenngreen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Peach Black Tea Lemonade. 26 ounces is there veinte and only 190 calories. About 60mgs of caffeine. I use it as my desert some days or drink it when I know I have calories to spare.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Calm or teas.. iced or hot.

Edited to add.. these are the only two calorie free AND caffeine free beverages besides water that they offer.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Peach Black Tea Lemonade. 26 ounces is there veinte and only 190 calories. About 60mgs of caffeine. I use it as my desert some days or drink it when I know I have calories to spare.

Only? 200 could be a big chunk of someones calorie allotment for the day. And 60mg is basically the same as 6oz of black coffee.
  • KDuvall235
    KDuvall235 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out their refreshers. I had a strawberry mixed with something (can't remember what). Absolutely delicious. Thought it would be extremely high in cals, but the small had only 90 cals
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened iced passion tea -zero calories. It's one of my go-to drinks during the summer.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I get the double chocolatey chip frappuccino (it has no coffee in it) with skim milk and no whip... it comes out to be about 200 calories in tall size and 270 in grande size. You can also ask for any of their frappuccinos to be served without the coffee in them. I have never done that myself, but I have seen other people do it.
  • MissJay75
    Options
    Thanks for these suggestions - I am checking out specific calories & caffeine from their website. A lot of non-coffee drinks still have 45-60 mg of caffeine, which I can't do. However the passion tea looks like a good possibility and I thought all frappuccinos were coffee based, so that looks promising as well.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

Only? 200 could be a big chunk of someones calorie allotment for the day. And 60mg is basically the same as 6oz of black coffee.

Im with you on this, i wouldnt spend 200 calories on a drink. My turkey breast salad for lunch today had less calories than this...
  • MissJay75
    Options
    Low calorie is kind of subjective. Compared to many other Starbucks drinks, anything under 200 calories I would consider low. When you look at what percentage calories in a day 200 calories, that number can be a huge chunk of your allowance.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Unsweetened iced passion tea -zero calories. It's one of my go-to drinks during the summer.

I love it too-with some Splenda for sweetness!
  • acorneredbaby
    acorneredbaby Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Most of the people commenting would disagree with my suggestion but...

As a lover of Starbucks, when I treat myself to going because I have some calories I won't be using, I get a grande iced caramel macchiato with either coconut milk or nonfat. If you get it skinny, it's even less calories. The regular version is 190. Delicious, too.

Edit: oops, missed caffiene free haha
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Choose some options too.
    I had now twice that i chose something nice before going...and they didn't had it because it was a seasonal drink. I learned now i search out something nice and when it isnt available i fall back to option 2 or just a cappuccino with skimmed milk lol
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    ASKyle wrote: »

Im with you on this, i wouldnt spend 200 calories on a drink. My turkey breast salad for lunch today had less calories than this...

lol i fit them in both...the turkey breast salad AND the Starbucks when i want it.
    All about planning for me :)

• MissJay75
    Options
    I got an iced passion tea lemonade with raspberry instead of simple syrup. It was delicious, 120 calories, and zero caffeine. http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/iced-tea/teavana-shaken-iced-passion-lemonade?foodZone=9999#size=11035191&sweetened=1 And I had a great time with my friend. Win-win.

Thanks for all the info, I'll be keeping some of your other low-cal ideas in mind for daytime trips when caffeine is an option.