Over 60 and dieting again

Hi,
I live in North Carolina, but am originally from Southern Indiana. I have been overweight almost all my life. I know how to lose weight, but, I often don't succeed, because I get off track just like most dieters do!

Replies

• teeseeytopcat
    teeseeytopcat Posts: 51 Member
    Hi Ellen ....join the club [being 60 & overweight!!]. I began using MFP last April & have lost 35 pounds so far with another 35 to go. Slow & steady has been the principle I follow. You'll be successful!!
  • xBillx
    xBillx Posts: 9 Member
    Ditto to that. Better success this time. You have not failed until you give up. I am 62.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    63 and 25 pounds down since joining MFP! Support from your friends as well as giving support is beyond helpful! We share food ideas, recipes and support for what life throws at us! Welcome and add me is you want a friend who is here every day!
  • EllenAnnK
    EllenAnnK Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Ellen ....join the club [being 60 & overweight!!]. I began using MFP last April & have lost 35 pounds so far with another 35 to go. Slow & steady has been the principle I follow. You'll be successful!!

• EllenAnnK
    EllenAnnK Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for replying to my post! And thanks for the encouragement. Congrats on your 35 down. That's great. I hope to lose about 70 pounds, also. Hope we can stay in touch to give each other encouragement!