Best diet whey protein?

Options
I've started hitting the gym pretty hard, 5/6 times a week, so I'm wanting to start protein shakes. Only problem is there are so many brands I'm not sure which to go for! I've narrowed it down to bulk powders, matrix or my protein. Can anyone recommend? Tia x

Replies

• jenoots
    jenoots Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Swansons Whey Protein powder. I get it on Amazon. It's my preference because it has 1 gram of sugar and 1 carb and 16 grams of protein and 90 calories. Vanilla favored. I don't sip it, I just drink it down. I mix it with water but some mix it with almond milk, fruit and flax seed, etc. I just want the extra protein.
  • BronxBStanfield
    BronxBStanfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize ISO-100 or Intek Evolution. I've yet to try it but I hear good things about BPI.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ISO pure zero carb toasted coconut with some almond milk and peanut butter yummm
  • hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    GNC Extreme Whey.. it mixes well with water and has several flavors. It has 2g of sugar, but tastes great.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I work for a pharmaceutical company, and as far as protein powder goes, these are our top sellers:
    • Dymatize Elite Whey Protein (Chocolate Fudge and Cookies and Cream are the top flavors)
    • BPI Sports Whey HD (Banana Marshmallow and Chocolate Cookie are the top flavors)
    • GNC Pro Perfomance 100% Whey Protein
  • kaiwooglin
    kaiwooglin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Level-1 for meal supplement and Phormula-1 for post workout by 1stPhorm. Variety of flavors. All taste great just mixed with water and pushes 23-25g of protein
  • lauramillat
    lauramillat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I ADORE Now Brand unflavored whey isolate. Yes, it is unflavored which can be hard to get used to (I mix it with 8oz of sweetened coconut milk though), but all the other "diet" powders with artificial sweeteners make me SICK to my stomach. Also, some other powders in the past have upset my stomach due to the lactose as well, this powder? NEVER a problem. It also mixes SO SO well, even with the coconut milk! Turns out so creamy shaken up in a blender bottle.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Combat hybrid. Has essential BCAA's and glutamine. I get mine at Costco.
    But there are a lot of great ones out there.
    I bring at least 5 pounds with me when I travel to China. Whey powder is extremely expensive there. About $50/pound.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The best i've found, for the best protein to calorie ratio is Body Fortress, available at Walmart of all places. 30g protein for 130 calories.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've started hitting the gym pretty hard, 5/6 times a week, so I'm wanting to start protein shakes. Only problem is there are so many brands I'm not sure which to go for! I've narrowed it down to bulk powders, matrix or my protein. Can anyone recommend? Tia x

I see you're in the UK. I buy 80% whey protein powder from theproteinworks.com
  • mericose
    mericose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey & JYM are the two best I've found
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    kaiwooglin wrote: »
    Level-1 for meal supplement and Phormula-1 for post workout by 1stPhorm. Variety of flavors. All taste great just mixed with water and pushes 23-25g of protein

Yes and the Phormula-1 watermelon flavor is awesome, unlike others that you have to choke down this brand tastes so amazing you want to have more and have to remind yourself "I can have more next time!" lol 23 grams of protein in 97 calories. And yes those calories still count! No such thing as free calories. Use them wisely, lol.