Options
123457»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Have you looked at Quest?

Do you mind telling us your restrictions? Maybe we can find you a solution.
  • srschaffer1
    srschaffer1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ariamythe wrote: »
    I typically find that one bag of Shakeology (starting off with half a scoop instead of a full) has made my big bag last about 2 months.
    Are you adding anything? Because by itself, a half scoop would be less than 100 calories (mixed in water).

Occassionally. I recently had an influx of strawberries and bananas. (A relative bought far too much!) So for the past couple of days I have added half a banana and only half of a strawberry since I had to freeze quite a bit of them for other uses.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    2227388-richierich.jpg
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I used to be a beach body coach and tried the shakes not only did it upset my gut but my wallet also. No where is it listed hiw MUCHnof superfood is in the shake and when asked they would not give me a reply. And OMG 99.00 a month if you are on auto ship is crazy. save you money and go buy a good protein from From GNC and save your self a lot of $$$$$$
  • jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I could never get over the disgusting after taste of the chocolate flavor... It made me bloated and gave me some awful farts! It's not worth the money. I threw the rest of the bag away. Never. Again.
  • defatify
    defatify Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You know who's at the top of the Shakeology pyramid? Bill Cosby. Probably shouldn't drink that stuff.
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have been on it. I had strawberry only and got burned out! It's expensive, but everyone seems to swear by it. :)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have been on it. I had strawberry only and got burned out! It's expensive, but everyone seems to swear by it. :)

Everyone seems to swear by it?

Did you not read this thread? Lol.
  • psuLemon
    Options

The only people I know who swear by it, are the ones that sell it.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    No after taste, but to dang expensive.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate mixed with coffee. It taste good, kept me full until lunch, gave me energy, and I felt great. I was able to try it for free because I was given some but I just can't justify spending $130 on it plus shipping. If it fits into your financial budget go ahead and give it a try. You will either love it or hate it.
  • Greenkiwis
    Greenkiwis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate mixed with coffee. It taste good, kept me full until lunch, gave me energy, and I felt great. I was able to try it for free because I was given some but I just can't justify spending $130 on it plus shipping. If it fits into your financial budget go ahead and give it a try. You will either love it or hate it.

Same boat! I really do like the taste, and I also mix it with coffee. My mom accidentally ordered two starter kits and gave me the extra one for my birthday. I'm an oatmeal-in-the-morning kind of girl usually, but felt fuller from the smoothie, and for less calories. However, I could be a millionaire and still would never, in a hundred years, be able to justify spending $130 on it. Especially with my oatmeal - even with chia seeds and berries, it comes out to a whopping $0.40 a serving. That's literally more than 10x less expensive than a serving of Shakeology. Not to mention, 17 grams of protein is not a great meal replacement quantity. I'm looking at Garden of Life meal replacement, which has 36 grams of protein per serving and is about 40% cheaper. May check that out when this Shakeology runs out. I just really benefit from the protein boost and extra incentive to eat breakfast!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Have you only ever met Beachbody coaches in your entire life?
  • daniellecollins20
    daniellecollins20 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used to drink them all the time still have some. I have more energy about the second or third day. Also.....it says right on the bag what's in it....don't know why y'all are so confused? Anyways, it is a lot of money and I can't really afford it anymore but making your own shakes with all the nutrients, and herbs, vitamins and antioxidants in shakeology would be even more expensive. Sooooo, not a rip off in my opinion, but also not cheap.

[edited by MFP staff]
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used to drink them all the time still have some. I have more energy about the second or third day. Also.....it says right on the bag what's in it....don't know why y'all are so confused , can't read English or.....? Anyways, it is a lot of money and I can't really afford it anymore but making your own shakes with all the nutrients, and herbs, vitamins and antioxidants in shakeology would be even more expensive. Sooooo, not a rip off in my opinion, but also not cheap.

Yeah...When things aren't regulated by the FDA anything can be put in them regardless of what is on the label.
  • mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Corrected your post for you with reality & truth.

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I used to drink them all the time still have some. I have more energy about the second or third day. Also.....it says right on the bag what's in it....don't know why y'all are so confused , can't read English or.....? Anyways, it is a lot of money and I can't really afford it anymore but making your own shakes with all the nutrients, and herbs, vitamins and antioxidants in shakeology would be even more expensive. Sooooo, not a rip off in my opinion, but also not cheap.

Yeah...When things aren't regulated by the FDA anything can be put in them regardless of what is on the label or not.

^^^ This!

Just this year, several supplement manufacturers were charged with selling products that do not contain the listed ingredients. These were herbal products sold in major retail outlets.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/03/new-york-attorney-general-targets-supplements-at-major-retailers/

If major retailers don't have the ability to reign in their vendors, do you honestly think BeachBody has that ability?

This is what BeachBody says about their ingredient sourcing:
    What is the country of origin for the ingredients in Shakeology?

While the finished Shakeology product is blended and packed in the United States, its 70+ ingredients are sourced from unique locations all over the globe. Each unique ingredient will have a specific country of origin, ranging from the U.S., to Peru to the Himalayas.

Is there a list that shows the source/country of origin for each Shakeology ingredient?

Beachbody does not publish a list with the sources of each of the ingredients in Shakeology. The ingredients in Shakeology are unique, proprietary and sourced from several high quality suppliers around the globe. Many of the countries are listed on packaging, but a complete list is not made available.

In other words they will not divulge how they get what they put in their product, and there is no independent verification that it's even in there.

• psuLemon
    Options

Do you understand the value of dosage? Even if the Shakeology does have all those ingredients they claim, it doesn't mean the dosage is of any value. They are merely selling it on the fact that they are sources nutrients from all over the world. But how much of those "supernutrients" do you think you will get for 130 calories?

And in case you missed it on page three... I provided a side by side of a shakeology shake vs a USP certified multivitamin (Naturemade). NM beat out shakeology in almost every single category except two (fakeology had more vitamin A, and they had equivalent vitamin C).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Greenkiwis wrote: »

Same boat! I really do like the taste, and I also mix it with coffee. My mom accidentally ordered two starter kits and gave me the extra one for my birthday. I'm an oatmeal-in-the-morning kind of girl usually, but felt fuller from the smoothie, and for less calories. However, I could be a millionaire and still would never, in a hundred years, be able to justify spending $130 on it. Especially with my oatmeal - even with chia seeds and berries, it comes out to a whopping $0.40 a serving. That's literally more than 10x less expensive than a serving of Shakeology. Not to mention, 17 grams of protein is not a great meal replacement quantity. I'm looking at Garden of Life meal replacement, which has 36 grams of protein per serving and is about 40% cheaper. May check that out when this Shakeology runs out. I just really benefit from the protein boost and extra incentive to eat breakfast!

Try getting some less expensive protein powder and mixing half a scoop into your oatmeal. You get the satisfaction of chewing food and having something substantive in your belly, but you can add 10-15 grams of protein on top of that, which may help keep you full for longer. I found once I did that, or ate a hard-boiled egg along with my oatmeal, I was set until lunch no problem :)