9 months postpartum breastfeeding

Options
So I've had a really good run in this second postpartum weight loss period, with the help of breastfeeding... But I'm afraid the point of adding calories for breastfeeding has come to an end. Sigh...time to adjust and accept a new stage :)

Replies

• 3b1p
    3b1p Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats, mama. My little one just turned a year and is finally starting to wean during the night.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    So I've had a really good run in this second postpartum weight loss period, with the help of breastfeeding... But I'm afraid the point of adding calories for breastfeeding has come to an end. Sigh...time to adjust and accept a new stage :)

Wait so breastfeeding can help me lose weight? Where do I sign up?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Wait so breastfeeding can help me lose weight? Where do I sign up?

You laugh, but people buy breastmilk as a "superfood".....aaaaaand for other reasons not acceptable for MFP TOS.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    My baby is almost 9 months (one week! :cry: ) We're still breastfeeding, with just a bit of fruits and veggies and occasional handfuls of cheerios. But I'm trying a new tactic. I set my calories to maintain and I'm no longer logging bf calories, but letting that create my deficit. We'll see how that goes. (I still have about 25 pounds to lose, I haven't done so well)
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm not one of those women who have been able to lose weight while breastfeeding. I have been working hard at it for the last few months and now that my baby is 10 months, I've stopped adding my breastfeeding calories. I'm still losing so it must have been the right move.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My baby is 6.5 months and started solid foods a couple weeks ago so I bumped myself from 500 extra a day down to 300 extra a day. I dread the day when I don't get those calories anymore!! I was still losing last year though eating 200 extra a day while nursing my toddler so I figure I have at least another year of the extra calories! :)
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My baby is 10 months, and is still nursing 4 times a day (whilst gorging herself on solids three times a day as well!). I'm still eating 300 extra per day, but I know that will be coming to an end soon. When I go back to work in September, she'll be dropping at least one nursing session. Good for you on successfully dropping some weight while nursing! I mostly just used it as an excuse to eat more... thus why I've been logging all of my food for the last month :|