Burning Fat

Options
I've been going to the gym for a long time now, have done a number of routines and exercises ti build muscle and cut fat. My dream is to get ripped, have less fat and more muscles. I already have a 2,275 calorie diet, but I seem to have a very hard time cutting that "lower belly" fat. I've heard of thermogenics and I'm considering to use it.

What do you recommend?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Chances are, you're not going to be gaining muscle and losing fat (unless you're recomping, it's real slow though).

OP, are you even eating in a deficit?

Thermogenics? Bull, it's not needed. Plenty of people have lost weight by cutting calories.

You can't spot reduce fat, you have to eat in a deficit until it comes off everywhere.

I recommend a caloric deficit.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    t7tgrr5550g6.jpg

oke was just kidding sorry

But weight loss start in the kitchen
    eat less than you burn You need a calorie deficit

Exercise to get fit(ter), body composition or because you like it. It will help your weight loss along the way.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Add at least two table spoons of Olive Oil per day to something. It comes in cool salad dressings. This 'good fat' will go after your 'saturated fat' and off will come the belly. This is from the Mediterranean diet. I use it. My stomach was gone in about a week.
  • EmilyEffren
    EmilyEffren Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Protein and running basically. You can do it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    rwhyte12 wrote: »
    Add at least two table spoons of Olive Oil per day to something. It comes in cool salad dressings. This 'good fat' will go after your 'saturated fat' and off will come the belly. This is from the Mediterranean diet. I use it. My stomach was gone in about a week.

Can you please stop spreading this around? It's the second time I've seen it and it has nothing to do with either of the OPs. And it's false.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

This is not entirely true. While olive oil has some great health benefits, it does not "go after" an fats in your body. It does not have magical properties that burn fat and over a tablespoon a day has been shown to have potential for causing a laxative effect - not a healthy way to lose weight.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

This is nonsense, adding two table spoons of olive oil will add 240 calories to your daily calories and may make you gain weight it you go over your maintenance calories. if you want to get ripped and get rid of lower belly fat you need to eat less calories than you burn and your body will start to burn the fat for energy. This is the only way. Lower your calorie intake a little and see what happens.