No appetite

TameeL
TameeL Posts: 3 Member
Not eating just not hungry. Like today I had 2 sf Popsicles and 1 crossaint. Walked around a lot, for probably an 11/2 hrs. What can motivate my appetite.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    That happens sometimes when you change around the way you are eating.

Try to work in at least 1200 calories. If you can't at first, then you can't. You appetite should settle itself after a few weeks.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Hi. Try eating a big meal at breakfast. I usually have salad with olive oil salad dressing, chicken and black beans. It is pretty filling but it also moderates the appetite. Sometimes instead of the black beans, I dump a teaspoon of humus on it. Anyway, lots of b vitamins in it needed for energy. Also, it takes fifteen minutes to eat so good to get that out of the way in the morning.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Have you been to the doctor?
    You've obviously had an appetite in the past or else you wouldn't be here trying to lose weight..
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Skip the Popsicles and have some egg whites on whole wheat toast for breakfast. See if you don't get hungrier later.

If your appetite doesn't return within a couple days, call the doctor.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    If I let my appetite decide when and how much I fed my body, I'd weigh 300 pounds. You just need to put it on your schedule to eat every few hours and do it because your body needs the fuel to survive and be healthy, not because you are hungry. If you don't want to eat, then choose calorie dense foods and drink a lot of your calories (juice, milk, etc.). When you get used to eating a healthy amount of food, your appetite will likely come back. If not, see a doctor.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Happens occasionally.

Big changes in activity level, a lot of cardio, being out in the heat, big changes in meal size, hormone swings, and sickness can trigger it.

If it keeps up, call the doctor. :)
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    You may just have to force yourself to eat more to get at least enough protein and enough calories. Try eating at set times during the day so it becomes a habit. If it's really a struggle to get in enough calories you could throw in a protein shake with full fat yogurt or peanut butter and fruit.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Try to stick to a goal of 1200 minimum calories a day to approrpatiely fuel your body. With that said, if you're truly struggling to get food down (1) Check in with your doc, may be medical. (2) try to eat calorie dense foods (nuts, nut butters, beans, etc.) that will give you calories you need without being as much to consume. Good luck!