So difficult to stay on target with carbs :-(

I have been trying to limit my carbs to 105 per day---Urghhhh. So difficult. Carbs is my addiction. Help.

Replies

• ItsNav
    ItsNav Posts: 1 Member
    I feel your pain! I'm going through the same situation. All I am doing is taking baby steps. For instance, skip dessert once in a while, eat less wheat, and when I get hungry, I snack on some fruit. The best thing about fruit is no matter how much you eat, it will be good for you. :)
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Yeah, those little suckers are in everything good! Ugh
  • I've discovered my new favorite carb substitute, shirataki noodles! Other good filling subs are cauliflower rice or squash noodles.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    It's often easier to attack a problem from the other end - aim to meet your protein and fat goals instead, and the carbs will most likely fall into place.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    It's often easier to attack a problem from the other end - aim to meet your protein and fat goals instead, and the carbs will most likely fall into place.

Yeah I found this 100%, by aiming for my protein target I found that I ended up having less carbs as I am just so full that I don't want as much bread/pasta/etc!
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    edited July 2015

SO AGREE! I cannot limit carbs when I try to save my life, but when I just focus on protein that happens naturally. Also naturally sweet teas (like Good Earth original or any brand of licorice or cinnamon tea) can be a nice "dessert" without calories.
    Also, is there a reason you HAVE to limit carbs that much? Some people don't ever feel well on that few carbs. Depending on your activity level, 125 or 150 might be easier. And timing them to just before/after workouts can be good, too. Nutrition is such an individual thing! Wherever you end up, I hope your journey goes well. Good luck!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Yeah, since beginning this, I haven't been near a bakery at all. I can't fit cinnamon rolls into my macros at all lol. So avoidance it is.

I've also had to give up my nachos and popcorn and pizza. But, if I don't lose the fat for myself, no one will.
  • LizzyPP
    LizzyPP Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you all. I love the idea on focusing on the protein and fats instead. It gives it a different perspective