What was you "Oh crap this exercise stuff really works" mome

Options
mejustmichael
mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
So the other day i was looking in the mirror and I flipped... i noticed my tummy didn't hang anymore and my boobies have gotten significantly smaller... lol

What was your "Oh crap this exercise stuff really works" moment?

title got cut off =/

Replies

• miss_melissa_
    Options
    lol I have had that too! It happened for me when I zipped up my jacket and it was baggy. I was like "ohh wow, they can shrink"! lol Congratulations on your results!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    No muffin top hanging over my jeans!
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    years ago i was doing tae bo and i went into work one morning and a co worker said... geesh you could kick my *kitten*... LOL

this go round... i am noticing my clothes fit better.. and i come around the corner & my 12 yr old says "wow mom you lookin fit!" :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    1) when I ran 20 minutes without stopping (yesterday)

2) when I looked in the mirror and wanted to take pictures of my arms because they've gotten muscular!

3) last night when I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in about 3 months and her jaw dropped when she saw me ;)
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So the other day i was looking in the mirror and I flipped... i noticed my tummy didn't hang anymore and my boobies have gotten significantly smaller... lol

What was you "Oh crap this exercise stuff really works" moment?

I believe there is a ton of wrong information in the fitness community. I never had that moment you described. A lot of people on this forum who don't know much about how food affects biochemistry criticize my eating methods. My eating methods go against the grain big time. I eat once a day, in the evening, protein for 2 days in a row, then i load up on carbs on day 3. Yesterday I started to add more fat to my diet. I ate a big salad around 2am yesterday morning, with about 1/4 cup of olive oil. I felt full till 5pm. I went to go and eat my meal with a ton of carbs. I just felt bloated. I thought, "maybe the fat intake was too high, or i ate too many carbs, i'll see how it goes this week on my weigh in" Today when I woke up... I went to the bathroom looked in the mirror, and my clothes are fitting loser then ever. I thought to myself... "hmmm this is weird as hell, but it's working wonderful." Keep in mind i ate about 4k calories last night.
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My skinny jeans do up again!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    When my back fat roll was no longer there. I never even realized I had a back fat roll until it was gone. And I looked in the mirror one day and thought, holy ****, there was a ****ing fat roll on my back before! But that's attributed to the combination of good nutrition + exercise. Not just one or the other.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    When I started "swimmin' in my linen." Really. My old 4x shirt is like a robe now...or part of a bay window curtain...or almost half of a tablecloth...
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I wore a sleeveless shirt to work one day and ALL of my co-workers / bosses that came to talk to me that day kept staring at my toned arms!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    duplicate removed
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    When I noticed that the driver's seat of my car was set too back for my leg length. My first thought was "WHO has been driving my CAR!!!???" but then I realized the "who" was me. Me with a fat bohuncus. That afternoon I went shopping for smaller jeans than I'd been wearing and learned that I'd completely skipped over size 10. I went straight from 12s to 8s.

My tummy didn't hang anymore either. I'm still pot bellied, but firm. There's gotta be a six-pack under there someplace.
  • alai_harper
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I have a lot! But the most recent one was this morning, I was shopping for summer clothes in Forever 21, and there's this really cute top that I really liked. I was looking for a size medium but they don't have it, so I tried on the small one, and it fits! Months ago, I get frustrated when I step in to that store and nothing fits me. I almost cried in the dressing room.
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I workout and feel AWESOME afterwards. Gotta love those endorphins!
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    this may sound crazy but, my boobs are falling out of my bra because the strap isn't tight enough!! coming from a gal that has DD, I am exciting to see the back fat fadind away!
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Obviously, my clothes getting looser, but even more the day I was able to make it through a Biggest Loser workout DVD without having to take a break and sit down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!