Vegetarian- junkitarian

Options
Hey all,

I have been a vegetarian for about 10 years, a really bad vegetarian ( hence the junkitarian reference). Would love to make some vegetarian friends who could help motivate and help with healthy food ideas!

Replies

• AdeleParli
    AdeleParli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for my whole life! I'm quite bad too, I eat a lot of veges but I also tend to have days where I'll binge eat a whole lot of junk. You just need to remember the benefits of eating healthy and that'll motivate you. Also, drink heaps of water and try not to let fizzy drinks into your diet at all. That's where all the calories lie. Homemade eggs Benedict is a favourite protein rich breakfast of mine, packs a whole lot of spinach, mushroom and sometimes even avocado into my diet and sets me up for a good day. Just try sneak veges into every meal and you'll feel better in a matter of weeks
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian anymore--I have health issues that make it prohibitive.

I do try to get ten freggies a day though, with varying success. I just want to mention a cookbook author that I have found very inspiring lately. His name is Yotam Ottolenghi. He has several cookbooks out, and many of his recipes are available online. Plenty might be my favorite cookbook of all time.
  • pineapple_pizza
    pineapple_pizza Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from. I spent lots of my life before and after vegetarianism eating only junk and lots of it! I finally have a better relationship with food and I'm just working on making it a habit for life. Feel free to add!
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm now a vegan but I was a vegetarian for 13 years and I was horrible, haha ,like really really bad, it's just 2 years ago that I learnt to eat properly and to cook
  • Elainasmomma14
    Elainasmomma14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the reply! One of my problems is a love for food, the bad kind. Need to start eating more fruits and veggies.