Finally finished INSANITY

Options
jenspears31
jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member

So I just wanted to post today that July 13th (my 34th birthday also!) was my final day of doing (on my own) of the program INSANITY! 2 yrs ago I bought this program through their website and it ended up sitting in my closet for 2 yrs. After 2 back to back pregnancies that reeked havoc on my body...continuing on a downward spiral of unhealthy eating because it was alot easier to do fast food than cook considering I had 2 babies under 2! Topping out at my heaviest at 260lbs and going to the hospital on 2 different occasions it was time for a change. I needed to become a healthier version of myself for the sake not only myself but for my family. Finding out that I was gluten intolerant helped out in the beginning because it taught me how to cook again...but in a healthy way. And I started slowly exercising building my endurance up. I then dug the Insanity box out the closet (which had 5in of dust on it) I just jumped right it. OH BOY WHAT AM I GETTING MYSELF INTO was my thought doing just the fit test for the first time. But I kept looking at the pictures of my children hanging behind me every day that I pushed play...that was my motivation to keep going!! I did have a set back starting month 2 by coming down with the flu..that killed all my motivation..so everything came to a halt...I started going back to old habits and finally after I gained 8 pounds back I said ENOUGH..I started again with my fitness pal and started exercising again to build my endurance...until the day came 63 days ago to push play. And I haven't stopped since!! I weighed 260lbs when I started my journey and now I weigh 179lbs!! And my journey will never be over because I have a new found love for working out and eating healthy and will continue on my journey forever.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope I inspired someone today! Please feel free to add me as a friend on here and we can help each other reach ourgoals together

Replies

• Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know what it is like to have kids! Way to stick with it!
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. I just got insanity a couple days ago. Planning on starting it after a few weeks of heavy swimming. Hope I can press play for 90 days.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    That is impressive dedication, way to go!!

I do insanity with my martial arts instructor 2x a week after class. I have no idea what day he is on, I just join in - but I have to say the program is aptly named. :) What are you doing to do now?
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Super Congrats..

Btw, How much did you lose during Insanity

"I weighed 260lbs when I started my journey and now I weigh 179lbs!! And my journey will never be over because I have a new found love for working out and eating healthy and will continue on my journey forever."
  • jenspears31
    Options
    CallMePat wrote: »
    Wow, great job. I just got insanity a couple days ago. Planning on starting it after a few weeks of heavy swimming. Hope I can press play for 90 days.
    You can definately do it!! You just got to believe you can
  • jenspears31
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    That is impressive dedication, way to go!!

I do insanity with my martial arts instructor 2x a week after class. I have no idea what day he is on, I just join in - but I have to say the program is aptly named. :) What are you doing to do now?

Yes it's the craziest journey I have ever went on but the most rewarding because I found a new me than I didn't even knew existed! And I found a new love for working out and eating healthy
  • jenspears31
    Options
    Super Congrats..

Btw, How much did you lose during Insanity

"I weighed 260lbs when I started my journey and now I weigh 179lbs!! And my journey will never be over because I have a new found love for working out and eating healthy and will continue on my journey forever."

I was 211lbs when I started INSANITY ...I had to lose before I started it because my knees wouldn't have made it through..but if your determined and believe in yourself your possibilities are definitely endless.
  • jenspears31
    Options
    Swanson83 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I know what it is like to have kids! Way to stick with it!

Yes having children that close together made it very hard to lose after my first. But my 2 little ones are all motivation I need every day to press play. If you believe you can you will
  • rickyricardo4
    rickyricardo4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!great job!!!!!!!☺ Day 9 as we speak for me. Push harder!!!!!!
  • jodanbtaylor
    jodanbtaylor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started recently and im just wondering when your body stopped being sore everyday
  • jenspears31
    Options
    Your body will be sore until it gets use to this type of exercise...don't skip your stretch day and definately don't forget about your rest day...it's tough I'm not gonna lie but believe in yourself and trust Shaun T and love yourself and u will achieve your greatness in the next 2 months add me as a friend and I will happy to help thru it
  • jenspears31
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!great job!!!!!!!☺ Day 9 as we speak for me. Push harder!!!!!!

Congrats the first week is definately tough to get thru but keep going even when you don't want too!! You CAN do it..if you have any questions or need some help don't hesitate to ask
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    ive pmed you hun im in need of advice! congratulations on an amazing achievement
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!