saunas and steam rooms

Options
Hey evry1 just wondered do sauna and steam rooms helping with bloating and water retention?x

Replies

• SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump, id like to see what the feedback on this is x
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would have to assume because their whole point is to make you sweat. So you would lose water.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    not sure but I used a steam room today.... soooo relaxing. It helps one up pore and makes your skin look refreshed. I think that a sauna makes you sweat more and maybe helps with retention in that way.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    if you really want to sweat like a fool, take a towel and keep toweling off and dont give your body a chance to cool down and you will sweat like crazy
  • Knightrobs
    Knightrobs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sauna > steam room. But they're both quick fixes. Cut your carbs, cut your sodium... lose your water weight.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love the sauna.. It really seems to help me. It may be just temp but I love the way I feel afterwards!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I would have to assume because their whole point is to make you sweat. So you would lose water.
    True. Except you regain it all the first time you have a drink.

Saunas and steam rooms can be nice but they won't make you any thinner.
  • endopride
    endopride Posts: 19
    Options
    i agree with tourthepast, i don't think saunas or steam rooms make you thinner, but they are effective in opening up your pores and making you feel relaxed. although i've come across many people who incorporate the sauna in the middle of their workout at the gym, and they claim it has helped them a lot.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Saunas are to open up your pores, and speed up your bodily processes...including digestion, cardio, etc. They are good for people who have muscle aches or are sick. Best used after a swim or shower when your body is clean and your pores are not clogged with dirt...and preferably in the nude. If not nude then least clothing possible like a swimsuit.
  • erinnicolette
    Options
    So, mgreen, do you think it would be better to go in the sauna right after you eat? Maybe that would speed your digestion or even temporarily help your metabolism?
  • just_dance
    just_dance Posts: 15
    Options
    Hmmmm I don’t think they will really help you lose weight, but they do wonders for my skin!!! Often times I bring a big bottle of water in with me and replenish as I sweat to just drain out any toxins. I also take breaks to go and wash my face to keep cleaning out my pores as they open up! Sooooo refreshing!!!! Oh Oh Oh or if it is cold out I will stretch and warm up a little bit in the sauna before my workout!
  • mxtinaj
    mxtinaj Posts: 36
    Options
    Both sauna and steam rooms help with bloating and water retention! It's also very good for the skin and releases any toxins in the body!