Protein

Options
I am trying to eat more protein, but in the past two days (when I started trying to eat more protein) I have felt hungry every hour, but when I eat I get like cramps and feel sickish. Is this just bad digestion or am I introducing to much protein to fast? Also is eating to much protein without working out a bad thing? And does eating more protein have a effect on your metabolism? Sorry but I'm kind of clueless so lots of information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Too much protein without enough fiber can be very constipating. Try to increase your fiber too. That will also help you feel full longer.
  • bkassing1
    bkassing1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating more protein if you aren't working out?
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Why are you eating more protein if you aren't working out?
    I meant to workout both days but it got interrupted..... Also I had been eating barley any and so I thought I should eat what mfp recommended.... Like I said I'm kind of clueless.
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat the protein after you work out, If you don't workout don't eat as much. Also drink more water to help digest it. Good luck!
  • rigbly
    rigbly Posts: 6
    Options
    Eating the right type of protein is key no matter if you work out or not. Protein can kill hunger but it is whey protein that does this. Whey protein powder has a natural ability to significantly decrease hunger. If you are not working out then you need to drink your whey protein shake 90 minutes before eating. Casein protein is slower to digest but can also cause you to bloat. Unless you are replacing a meal with protein, stay away from Casein protein.

To really make a diff in your hunger try Glucomannan and 5-HTP Combo. Glucomannan is a soluble fiber from the root of the konjac plant. It absorbs A LOT of water from your digestive tract causing you to feel full. You can take that whether you exercise or not.

5-HTP helps raise serotonin levels which tend to drop during weight loss and carb deprivation which tend to spike at night. 5-HTP is what the essential amino acid tryptophan gets converted into before it forms serotonin and melatonin in the body. It will help you curb carb cravings and relax you before bed.

cheers!