Well Hello World!!!

Options
Hello,

I am a 35 year old father of a beautiful and amazingly smart 19month old little girl (no I am not biased at all!). I am happily married to a sexy, fantastic and wonderful woman!

My wife and I have been doing a weight loss program for 18 months (you know, one of those that assigns a value to each food) and have successfully lost over 40 lbs each! We are trying this program out for a couple of reasons,
1. we just need to change things up a bit.
2. well, money is really tight and the other program has a monthly fee.

We have both started exercising more lately to help us get into better shape and hopefully have weight loss as a side effect.

Replies

• Jennxpt
    Jennxpt Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello back atcha! I've been doing Weight Watchers, and really like it, but the monthly fee is the thing, isn't it? For now, I'm tracking in both. One of the big differences I've found is when you go over your daily allowance: on WW, you just dip into weekly points, and it doesn't feel like "cheating"-- on here, your calorie surplus shows up in red. It feels like you've gone off plan, and should be discouraged, instead of, yes, this was a bigger Point day, and that's fine, and is part of life.

I just know I'm not ready to let go of my points, yet...

Congrats on doing this together with your wife: a great example for your little one!
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! this is a great place! you will find lots of supportive people here. I love the way this sit works. I've been able to lose 40 pounds since January with the knowledge and support of this site.
  • wileycoyote76
    Options
    @Jennxpt,
    Yea, I can understand the whole weekly and not feeling like you have failed with that. It is a great program but money it tight and I just need a change. I am sure that we can figure this out and make it work for us though!
  • wileycoyote76
    Options
    @tmdugger

thank you for the welcome and I am highly impressed at your current weight loss! Keep up the great work!!
  • tanyaevans5
    tanyaevans5 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi

This is the best programme i have found and am really watching everything as i can imput everything i eat even when out (goes straight to my phone). You get instant calorie intake even for takeaway food and can scan the barcodes using ur webcam or phone camera.

No cheating or kidding myself now, even knocks off calories used by exercise.
    Good luck to you both
    Tanya

4080616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools