Is what I'm eating okay?

Options
nxtiv
nxtiv Posts: 26 Member
Everyday I eat the same thing, fruit for breakfast (1 orange, 1 banana, and grapes) and a spinach salad (2 cups of spinach) plus half a cup of lentils, (if I don't have lentils then chickpeas) plus half a cucumber, plus a tomato if I have one. And that's it; I feel like I overeat fruits and vegetables, I don't have dinner because I feel it useless, but on this app I always have more than 40 grams of sugar because of my fruit intake, can a person eat too much fruit? Keep in mind I'm also vegan; but I'm serious, am I overeating fruits and vegetables, can that contribute to weight gain

Replies

• pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That's all you eat in a day?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more.
  • nxtiv
    nxtiv Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes everyday
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Please, please talk to someone - your doctor, your parents or a teacher, maybe - about your feelings around eating. You are undereating. The problem is not too much fruit and vegetables, but too little of everything else.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    No. IMO that is not okay. You are seriously depriving your body of key nutrients. You need fat and more protein. Try adding more beans, peas, edamame, tofu, seitan or other vegan protein source. Add some avocado, nuts and/or vegetable oils. Add some whole grains.

Stop starving yourself.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think you definitely need some protein and good fats in your diet, otherwise you'll probably notice dull and brittle hair/nails. Try adding:

Avocado
    Tofu/Soy
    Nuts
    Beans

I don't think that eating a vegan diet, unless you're eating an INCREDIBLE amount, which it doesn't sound like you are, could make you gain weight. But you may want to talk to your doctor to see if maybe your body is handling the fruit badly?
  • amb_321
    amb_321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more protein . A good source (for vegans) are beans, lentils, chickpeas, peas, soybeans. Also, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli, buckwheat, millet, barley. Half a cup of lentils is not enough. No more than 600g of fresh fruit per day.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    ...I eat more calories than that in most of my meals. So you're saying you only eat about 500-600 calories per day?

Please, read this link and talk to a doctor. What you are doing is dangerous and can cause some long-term health repercussions (or kill you).
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    OP, you've posted several threads that indicate you are attempting unhealthy weight loss and your goal is to be at an unhealthy weight for your height. Your daily intake is FAR too low and I really recommend that you seek professional help.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You state in one post you are trying to lose fat & gain muscle.......not gonna happen when you are eating so little.

Body recomposition is what you are looking for. Very low calorie diets just lead to MORE lean muscle loss.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Not ok, not nearly enough food
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you aren't eating enough. you are not fat. if you want to change your body consider gaining muscle, but not losing weight. maybe even gaining weight (because of the muscle)

consider seeing a doctor and discussing body dsymorphia
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy. If you keep it up, you will be malnourished, develop health problems and then die.

The question really isn't whether or not that is okay with us because it doesn't impact our health.

The question is: Are you okay with that?