Replies

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    OP, I was just going to ask this question! I drink it all day long haha
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I put lime juice (fresh or otherwise) in mine. Perfect after a long ride in the summer heat. . .
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yup. No difference except the CO2, assuming you just mean plain carbonated water like you can make yourself with a SodaStream or seltzer bottle. If you are referring to the mixer "club soda" (sometime called soda water), it has added sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, and potassium sulfate.

It's coming out of a post mix tap at my pub. There's no syrup or anything going into it. As far as I'm aware it's just mains water going through the carbonater machine!
  • robynmoosehead
    Options
    CO2 is causing global warmi . . . oops, I mean climate change. Stop opening those bottles!!! :grumble:

No bottles for me I'm afraid.

I've got sparkling water on tap.

• robynmoosehead
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    I put lime juice (fresh or otherwise) in mine. Perfect after a long ride in the summer heat. . .

Me too! Got a glass full of fresh lime and cucumber slices that I just keep topping up. Delicious. So so refreshing.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yup. No difference except the CO2, assuming you just mean plain carbonated water like you can make yourself with a SodaStream or seltzer bottle. If you are referring to the mixer "club soda" (sometime called soda water), it has added sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, and potassium sulfate.

It's coming out of a post mix tap at my pub. There's no syrup or anything going into it. As far as I'm aware it's just mains water going through the carbonater machine!

You might want to ask to be sure. The "plain fizzy water" at the diner I used to work at was club soda because we used it to make phosphates (club soda with sweet flavoring syrup. They were called "Phosphates" because of the potassium in the water). Even if that is what they are, unless you have an issue with sodium (and they use sodium bicarb instead of potassium bicarb) there are no health risks. These days, I am guessing you are right and it is just regular tap water with CO2. Phosphates went out of style a generation ago.

• michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Water is water. If you are fine with citric acid or natural flavors or aspartame, then hydrate away. I drink about 16 glasses of water a day & mix things up a bit by adding crystal light mix or having Zero Clear American Sparkling Water. I'm not much for seltzer but it is flavored sparkling water and makes me feel like I'm treating myself to something. I also enjoy plain water with a little lemon as stated above. That's usually my go to drink when I go out to a restaurant. Free and refreshing.