I must be crazy

Options
I signed up for a 5k on Saturday and i have never run one. This probably wont be the first time either....i definetely will try running but im sure it will be jogging and walking....i also signed up for another 5k but this one has obstacle challenges.....seriously, what am i thinking? LOL

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am also running my first 5K this Saturday and I have yet to run more than a mile. I also signed up for The Dirty Girl, which is a 5K mud run w/ obstacles. What were we thinking??? That we need another reason to get into shape!
  • kclu787
    kclu787 Posts: 20
    Options
    hmm, the DIrty girl? i never heard of that one....my obstacles challenge one is also a mud run and fire, walls, hills.....yeah i am crazy. But you are right, another reason to get into shape...that is the reason I signed up. Good Luck on your runs!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is about the same, mud pits, walls, fire, hay, it will all be in there. Must be about the same thing. The Dirty Girl is in only CO, WI & NY but I am sure there are other ones. Mine is women only.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I wish we had Dirty Girl races up here in Canada!!! I so badly want to try one, but I have to go all the down to Florida next February in order to get my chance at it, the one I found is called a Tough Mudder (hehe) but it's essentially the same thing as you described. Mind you... Florida in February will probably be pretty darn nice when it's -45 here!

kclu787 - when you run, try doing 2:1 or 5:1 jog/walk. Lots of runners swear by it (I know I do!) Throwing the walk in is a great way to conserve your energy and really helps you push yourself when you're jogging/running!! And congrats on signing up for a 5K, that's AWESOME!!!! :)
  • chaimtime
    chaimtime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Use it as a starting point. I did couch to 5k and finished the program with a 5k.
  • kclu787
    kclu787 Posts: 20
    Options
    ok, i hope this is not a stupid question but what do you mean by " 2:1 or 5:1 jog/walk"? :ohwell: