65lbs gone in 190 days!

Options
amynb524
amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
Today is my 190th day on MFP and Im officially down 65lbs. I workout for 30min/5 days per week. (elliptical/dumbbells)

Counting my calories and tracking on MFP has been the #1 contributor to my weight loss. Eating a deficit - thats it! No "diet", no depriving myself of foods I love, no expensive weight loss system.

If you are discouraged and having hard time with success: Drink TONS of water and make sure you are eating ENOUGH! MFP already calculates a deficit for you when giving you a daily calorie allowance - stick to it! I find that if I dont eat ENOUGH, my weight doesn't change.

owvzvljhrlku.png

Replies

• laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • elos18
    elos18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fantabulous!
  • llama765
    llama765 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good job. You look great, but you also look like you feel great B)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Congrat's on your success.

amynb524 wrote:
    Today is my 190th day on MFP and Im officially down 65lbs.
    I workout for 30min/5 days per week. (elliptical/dumbbells)
    On average, that's 2 lb per week. Pretty aggressive, esp. once you approach a healthy weight.

I find that if I dont eat ENOUGH, my weight doesn't change.
    This makes no sense at all. Sort of sounds like a reiteration of one of the false beliefs about starvation mode
  • amynb524
    Options
    I started at 253, and at first i was losing very fast. It has gotten slower.
    My calorie goal is 1600 (just recently since I've gotten into the 180s).
    Aggressive maybe? But I haven't been doing anything excessive. I'm not starving or working out for hours daily. It's working for me.

Wether or not starvation mode is a myth or not is not for me to say. I haven't done any research on it. But FOR ME, my weight comes off as long as I eat enough.

MKEgal wrote: »

amynb524 wrote:
    On average, that's 2 lb per week. Pretty aggressive, esp. once you approach a healthy weight.

This makes no sense at all. Sort of sounds like a reiteration of one of the false beliefs about starvation mode

• sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I just hit the 180s myself, so I know how amazing you must feel. You look fantastic and you sound happy in your post. I'm doing the same as you (but 45-60 min/3x a week). ellipticals are amazing machines, and strength training is so essential.

seriously, congrats!
  • kgmcgee
    kgmcgee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! You gotta do what works for you.
  • Heavybetty
    Heavybetty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    amynb524 wrote: »
    I started at 253, and at first i was losing very fast. It has gotten slower.
    My calorie goal is 1600 (just recently since I've gotten into the 180s).
    Aggressive maybe? But I haven't been doing anything excessive. I'm not starving or working out for hours daily. It's working for me.

Wether or not starvation mode is a myth or not is not for me to say. I haven't done any research on it. But FOR ME, my weight comes off as long as I eat enough.

MKEgal wrote: »

amynb524 wrote:

Ignore that person apparently they woke up on the wrong side of the bed! You look great! I agree the first time I started logging half way through my weight wouldn't budge. I started eating more by accident and all of a sudden it started dropping again.....thanks for the motivation today!!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Outdamnstanding! Way to go ;)
  • MakingMyDreamsComeTrue2015
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • clarkclan09
    clarkclan09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many calories/day did you eat in the very beginning? :)

You look great!!
  • amynb524
    Options
    How many calories/day did you eat in the very beginning? :)

You look great!!

Thank you! I want to say hat at 253lbs with a goal of 2lbs per week- my calorie allowance goal was 2050ish?
  • patrishsee
    patrishsee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational ! We're all individuals, but I believe, from experience, that under eating can cause a stall in a matter of a few days. Good luck, you are doing fabulous.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • cristical
    cristical Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! AMAZING JOB!!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! You have worked hard and it shows!! I am always amazed how in SUCCESS stories, people manage to be cynical, condescending, or just outright mean. This is not the "look at me, I lost 20, 30, 40 [insert number] pounds now please critique me and give me advice" forum!! Sheesh! You have done a great job! Be proud!!
  • Desert_flower3
    Desert_flower3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!