Anyone else vegan?

Options
well I'm back on the diet train for the umpteenth time.
I'm fed up of my big belly.
I severely lack motivation in terms of food. I have been using the gym but not as often as I should as I'm a nurse and generally am just too tired.
Ive been vegan for just over a year now. I do a lot of my own cooking which I find difficult to input into apps like this because you end up having to weigh out every bloody vegetable! Anyone else struggle with this?

Replies

• rosatarry
    rosatarry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! If it's not a starchy, sugary, or fatty vegetable, I don't even count it. So I'll count corn, tomatoes, and avocados, but not broccoli, brussels sprouts, or cabbage (they take more calories to digest them then are in them to start with, so it's a win!).
  • otgshmookums
    otgshmookums Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! If it's not a starchy, sugary, or fatty vegetable, I don't even count it. So I'll count corn, tomatoes, and avocados, but not broccoli, brussels sprouts, or cabbage (they take more calories to digest them then are in them to start with, so it's a win!).

That is seriously a good idea, because those 15 calories from taking the time to weigh/measure out all the watery veg and then search for them are so not worth the hassle. =) Vegan here too, and yay for a group suggestion, I hadn't tried searching for a group yet, and now I don't have to!
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    glad I came across this thread!! I've been vegan for under a year. (:
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan heyyy
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been 90 to 95% vegan for the last 4 1/2 years. I also eat primarily home-cooked meals (some from recipes, some not). The first few weeks of creating my favorite recipes in MFP was a little time consuming but it has gotten easier, as we tend to eat a lot of the same things over and over again. I definitely do not weigh food (I know I own a digital scale just don't quite know where it ended up) but I do try to measure.
  • nxtiv
    nxtiv Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Woot vegan life!
  • rosatarry
    rosatarry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vegan groupies woo! Feel free to add me :)