I feel terrible..

Options
I've let myself down so much this weekend. I did not eat well yesterday and today, and as much as I don't want to admit it, tomorrow will also be a bad day. I feel soo terrible and I just don't know what to do, I have gained back at least 5 pounds. :( I was doing so well.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    It is highly unlikely you have really gained 5 pounds of fat as that would require you to eat 17500 calories over maintenance calories. You are probably retaining water and that is much of the weight. Get back to healthy eating, and it will come off quickly. We all have times like this, the thing is to not beat yourself up about it, as that does nothing to get you back to eating healthily again.
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    I've let myself down so much this weekend. I did not eat well yesterday and today, and as much as I don't want to admit it, tomorrow will also be a bad day. I feel soo terrible and I just don't know what to do, I have gained back at least 5 pounds. :( I was doing so well.

TOMORROW DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A BAD DAY! JUMP RIGHT BACK ON THE HORSE AND RIDE!!!! MY FAMILY COOKED OUT TODAY... SO i HAD TURKEY BURGEWRS WITHOUT BUNS AND A HUGE SALAD! DECIDE NOW THAT YOU ARE BACK IN CONTROL OF YOUR HEALTH TOMORROW..... ;-)
  • jazyjen
    jazyjen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't feel terrible too long! It is okay to reflect and be aware so you can make different decisions next time. Remember that if most of your choices, lets say 75% are really good ones you are on the right track! We are not perfect, but we can be the very best we can be today. Give yourself some love and remember how far you have come! :flowerforyou:
    Jen
  • jlm1182
    jlm1182 Posts: 19
    Options
    *HUGS*!!! Feel better! (:
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    you feel bad enough today yet youre already telling us youre gonna screw up tomorrow?? i dont get it. remember why you decided to do this, look at how far youve already come and move forward. today.:smile:
  • amyLovesJesus
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You should not feel bad we all fall of which just have to get back up again. I feel a lot this week and did not eat the best and went over my calories goals a lot to. But we are all human and we all make mistakes. I hope you are feeling better. Just rember to stay postive because negtive will not make things any better. I love you Amy:heart:
  • Tvstarbabe
    Tvstarbabe Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • Rena421
    Rena421 Posts: 31
    Options
    Don't worry. I had a bad weekend for eating and exercise, too! As I reflect, I should have chose this or done that. I'll know for next weekend not to fall into this trap. Let's make tomorrow a great day!! Start fresh.
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! I know with family or friend gatherings that it is difficult to sometimes find healthier options but if you watch your portions and then get back on track for the rest of the week, I am sure you will be successful! Chin up!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    :happy: Ifyou have to take something - I would suggest a vegetable tray, a healthy salad or fruit - that way you have something you can try to fill up on that you know is good for you. 1 hamburger or hot dog or whatever can be calculated into your day, but try not to eat the stuff you know will not be good.
    When filling your plate, go to the healthier options first and fill up, leaving little room left for the temptations.

And thanks, this topic made me think about what to take for my own family grill out tomorrow
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    sorry
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I did bad yesterday, got on track today, but I know there will be too much food to be perfect tomorrow. So I just remember:

One bad meal does not blow a day, one bad day does not blow a week and one bad week does not mean give up.

I'm in this for the long run. Enjoying the journey. I'm not gonna let one thing hold me back. I've come way too far. I did bad for long enough to gain a whole lot of weight. Now I'm gonna stick with a healthy diet long enough to live a healthy life.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Dang that sucks but I have to agree that it might be water. I had a bad weekend of eating and am trying to get back on track too...good luck!
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. I think I commented to someone that life wasn't fair, and neither is the weight loss world. It is so easy to gain weight, but so difficult to lose it. I agree with what someone else said about water weight. You can change your weight a great deal in a short period of time with water. Contrary to everyone's advice I am weighing myself every day, sometimes more than once a day to see how my weight fluctuates. It goes all over the place within about three pounds. Add in a couple of bad days eating, and I can see how the weight can go up quickly. I have no illusions that if I overeat I will gain LOTS of weight in a short period of time. But realizing that the system is balanced in favor of weight gain, makes it easier to forgive yourself if you have a bad spell.

Be nice to yourself. Tomorrow is another day.